Two Questions!

titan

Hello all!

I'm new here and I've been lurking around the forums since I bought my Edge, never bothered making an account until I had these questions :P

I've had my Ford Edge 2011 for 3 months now and I'm looking to spice it up somehow. So my first question is:

What if I install Xenon lights? Gonna buy em from my Ford Agency. They cost around 1500 SAR which equals to around $400. Worth it?

2nd question is about the new update, since my car doesn't have sirus or navigation installed (The top right green corner in MFT reads ''Information'' instead of ''Navigation" and shows the calender and other stuff), is it okay to download the update from Syncmyride and install it myself after I register my vehicle?

Hello all!

I'm new here and I've been lurking around the forums since I bought my Edge, never bothered making an account until I had these questions :P

I've had my Ford Edge 2011 for 3 months now and I'm looking to spice it up somehow. So my first question is:

What if I install Xenon lights? Gonna buy em from my Ford Agency. They cost around 1500 SAR which equals to around $400. Worth it?

2nd question is about the new update, since my car doesn't have sirus or navigation installed (The top right green corner in MFT reads ''Information'' instead of ''Navigation" and shows the calender and other stuff), is it okay to download the update from Syncmyride and install it myself after I register my vehicle?

As far as the update, isn't a problem because you register your vin number with syncmyride.com so it knows what you have in your car.

Hello all!

Hi, getting xenon lights is definitely good option,I did it on my 2011 Edge Sport which otherwise comes with factory halogen lights only and difference is enormous ,;halogen lights does not perform at all in comparison with xenons,I use aftermarket stuff with wiring specific to Edge.As far as update is concerned,I face same limits ,no Sirius,no Navigation yet( will come as option soon with new 2012 Ford European models) but update is more related to car issues anyway so it is worth to download it.You do not have to register though ,you can download software as guest just using your VIN.

I went with 4 of these for the rear dome and cargo lights:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/42mm-2w-6500k-126-lumen-9-smd-led-white-light-bulb-for-car-dc-12v-51376

Four of these for the Map and plate:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-5-SMD-LED-T10-168-SUPER-WHITE-WEDGE-LIGHT-BULBS-5050-/330672310551?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cfd9b0917

These worked really well for me but others have used different LEDs with good results. There are some great threads on here about led mods.

• 1 year later...