Ordered a 2012...not going to get it.

Is any one else in the same boat as me? I ordered a 2012 Edge limited with the 302a on December 29 2011, only to find out 3 weeks later that the 2012 has been discontinued and I'll only be able to order a 2013. Problem is, I lose my rebates from the year end (3k total), and we don't know for sure what the 2013's will change (if anything). I've read on here that the color options will change to the same ones on the 2013 escape. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or bad thing yet.

On the other hand there's the reason for getting the 2013's out so quick; the new generation 2014 edge. Think it's worth waiting to see what's going to be new? A quick search only reveals that the V6 is most likely dissapearing from the Edge all together.

Just curious to see what other prospective Edge shoppers are thinking. I'm a little ticked I couldnt order a 2012 in 2011 because I was too late haha.

Is any one else in the same boat as me? I ordered a 2012 Edge limited with the 302a on December 29 2011, only to find out 3 weeks later that the 2012 has been discontinued and I'll only be able to order a 2013. Problem is, I lose my rebates from the year end (3k total), and we don't know for sure what the 2013's will change (if anything). I've read on here that the color options will change to the same ones on the 2013 escape. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or bad thing yet.

On the other hand there's the reason for getting the 2013's out so quick; the new generation 2014 edge. Think it's worth waiting to see what's going to be new? A quick search only reveals that the V6 is most likely dissapearing from the Edge all together.

Just curious to see what other prospective Edge shoppers are thinking. I'm a little ticked I couldnt order a 2012 in 2011 because I was too late haha.

The dealer should not have waited 3 weeks to tell you that. You can always have them look for one in stock somewhere that's close to what you wanted if you really want a 2012.

The dealer should not have waited 3 weeks to tell you that. You can always have them look for one in stock somewhere that's close to what you wanted if you really want a 2012.

Yeah they did offer to get me a similar one without the trailer tow, which I wanted. They said they would install an aftermarket trailer hitch, but 60% of the reason for me wanting the trailer tow package was for the additional cooling.

I feel like if im paying 40k for a car I'm going to get exactly what I want. Why compromise and regret it in a month?

Yeah they did offer to get me a similar one without the trailer tow, which I wanted. They said they would install an aftermarket trailer hitch, but 60% of the reason for me wanting the trailer tow package was for the additional cooling.

I feel like if im paying 40k for a car I'm going to get exactly what I want. Why compromise and regret it in a month?

You could check with another dealer - they may be able to find the vehicle you want with a tow package. Sometimes the dealers don't always do a thorough search.

I did check with multiple dealers before I ordered, they all said the same thing, "you'll have to order that". I have been watching the inventories online like a hawk. Nothing within a 200 mile radius :-(

I'll probably just go with the 2013 and see if I can hash out a deal with out factory rebates.

Thanks for the input Akirby!

Yes, we ordered a SEL on 12/9/11 and when I asked for an update on 1/9/12 I was told it was too late to order a 2012. There's just no reason to string along a customer like that so needless to say we're not happy with Northpoint ford in little rock, ar. We found a limited at another dealer and bought it on 1/16 while Northpoint was supposedly looking for us too but they never even responded. At least we still earned $2500 in rebates and are very happy with the limited.

I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine on 12/10/11 and found out on 1/10/12 that my order had been canceled. The dealer did manage to find me one exactly the same as the one that I had ordered - but it had a front license plate bracket. Luckily I was smart enough to think about that, so I kindly declined. Like you, I don't want to spend $35K on something that isn't exactly what I want. I didn't want to look at that stupid front bracket every day for the next X number of years hating it. They gave me the option to order a 2013, but it would have cost me $1620 more becuase I was losing the rebates I had locked in too.

I've started seeing commercials for our local auto show which is offering a $1000 rebate. I called my dealer on Saturday to say that if that rebate was available, then I would order the 2013 at $620 more than my original price. He told me he didn't think that would be a problem, but was told that they don't usually order cars on Saturday, but would get back to me Monday (yesterday). Well, it's now mid-day on Tuesday and I haven't heard from him yet. I'm guessing that's not a good sign. I'm debating how long to wait before calling him back. At this point, I'm curious how long it will be before he calls me back. My Dad ordered an Explorer through this salesman/dealership last February, so we have experience with this dealership, but I'm really getting fed up at this point.

On my own, I found a dealership about 2 hours away that has one ordered that is basically whatt I want, but includes the towing package. If things don't work out with my dealership, I may be making a road trip.

Glad I got mine when I did. I had gone to the dealer originally looking for a limited but I saw the Sport and immediately fell in love. I did some searching around at other dealerships and online and nothing was close to me that had another sport. I went back and told the dealer I wanted it, so he says ok well run some numbers and your credit blah blah. 2 Days later I call and I'm like hey whats up with the Sport so he says sorry I got busy and had a day off as well come on back in. So I go in and sit down with the finance guy and he tells me oh well we would need more money for a down payment blah blah, maybe this car is too expensive for you ( horrible credit thanks to my marriage) maybe we can get you in something else. I tell the guy wow thanks for insulting me, I know what I want, you're not selling me on anythng else. So he finally comes up with a 6 year plan and some insane 29% interest rate. I'm thinking if I was going to spend $65K on a vehicle I would get a CTSv. I finally had to say you know what I'm done letting you waste my gd time whats the total, I'll cut you a check. In the end I ended up paying off my Fusion and trading it in towards the Edge and bought it flat out which bumbed them out because there went their huge cut they thought they were gonna get. I'm not sure what is up with dealers these days but it sure seems like they dont give a damn about selling vehicles and making customers happy. Needless to mention I'll take it to a different dealer when I need something done, like I did when I had put in the illuminated door plates

I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine on 12/10/11 and found out on 1/10/12 that my order had been canceled. The dealer did manage to find me one exactly the same as the one that I had ordered - but it had a front license plate bracket. Luckily I was smart enough to think about that, so I kindly declined. Like you, I don't want to spend $35K on something that isn't exactly what I want. I didn't want to look at that stupid front bracket every day for the next X number of years hating it. They gave me the option to order a 2013, but it would have cost me $1620 more becuase I was losing the rebates I had locked in too.

I've started seeing commercials for our local auto show which is offering a $1000 rebate. I called my dealer on Saturday to say that if that rebate was available, then I would order the 2013 at $620 more than my original price. He told me he didn't think that would be a problem, but was told that they don't usually order cars on Saturday, but would get back to me Monday (yesterday). Well, it's now mid-day on Tuesday and I haven't heard from him yet. I'm guessing that's not a good sign. I'm debating how long to wait before calling him back. At this point, I'm curious how long it will be before he calls me back. My Dad ordered an Explorer through this salesman/dealership last February, so we have experience with this dealership, but I'm really getting fed up at this point.

On my own, I found a dealership about 2 hours away that has one ordered that is basically whatt I want, but includes the towing package. If things don't work out with my dealership, I may be making a road trip.

That's nice that your dealer called you as soon as they knew what was going on. I can't believe mine didn't say a word to me until I called them on the 23rd of January. And to reply to Airbornemaikai, I'm glad to hear you stuck it out to get what you wanted, not what the dealer wanted to sell you. These dealers are so obsessed with not letting you walk out the door the first time you talk to them, but they don't give a flying crap about the rest of the buying experience. Insulting customers like that?? that's crazy. I thought we were in a recession and that it's a buyers market. Guess not when it comes to Ford dealers.

Well, the bright side is even if the rebates are a bit less the resale of the 13 will be slightly higher than the 12 would have been (which is why they have the rebates). Of course, that doesn't help if you needed the extra $$ to purchase but at least at resale you'll get it back. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up finding a 2012 that matched exactly what I wanted. Paid $38,308 out the door. Limited 302A with trailer tow and all weather floor mats. I was surprised at how great the 18 inch rims actually look. Very happy with my purchase! So far the MFT has been great. Used it a ton today, only got a little glitchy when I plugged in my iPhone with a usb cable. The bluetooth was great for music and calls.

I was one of the ones who had my 2012 order canceled last month. Last week I received a $750 rebate via email, so I finally decided to order my 2013. I was able to lock in the $750 plus another $1,000 in rebates that is currently available. I still lost out on another $750 in rebates that I had when I ordered my 2012, but in the end, my 2013 only cost me $570 more than the 2012. I paid $6755 below MSRP, which includes a trade-in of my 2002 Escape with $118K. Now I just hope the next two months go fast! I hate waiting!

2013 SEL AWD - Ruby Red