2011 SEL Infinity Kappa speakers upgrade

I hope you get a reply. I own a 2011 SEL and I find that the speakers are below average. I would like to get advice on the difficulty of removing the OEM's and replacing at least the front pair. without damaging the interior panels It seems like Ford shortchanged us on speakers as an incentive for us to pay the extra money for the Sony. The OEM's are not very effective at the lower volume levels that I usually use.

Takes about 15 minutes per side and yes, the 2011 factory speakers are the cheapest junkers I've ever seen. There are a few good threads on here about taking the door panels off. It's worth picking up a pair of the inexpensive aftermarket speaker harnesses so ya don't have to cut any wires. Infinity makes a few speakers with a tweeter that swivels which can make a huge difference in sound quality if you aim them properly. I just did the fronts cuz I don't like any highs coming from the rear.

Has anyone installed there speakers in a 2011sel?

I just order these speakers from Amazon at $65 a pair and cant wait to have them pumping in my ride. I will keep you updated as i install get on the way.

should get speakers this week and i will update on the installation, I might get a best buy to install them for a $100 plus they guarantee the work.

should get speakers this week and i will update on the installation, I might get a best buy to install them for a $100 plus they guarantee the work.

Speaker have arrived In blaine WA and I live in Vancouver so I got to pick them up on Wednesday and install them on friday, cant wait.

Edited by ukjason

Just picked up my 2 sets of Infinity Kappa speakers, In my personal first hands on opinion they are well constructed, feel solid, and very sexy looking. I will try to install them on friday and give you my first sound test.

On a side note my mytouch screen just froze WTF so i might have to reboot it if it don't come back on after a car restart.

Finally got the Infinity Kappa speakers installed and what a f-ing difference. First of all the installation took 1 1/2 hours with no problem on all four speakers (should have done it myself and save $100, ho well). The sound is 20 times better than stock speakers (the stock speakers are so shitty, the build quality is a joke shame on ford shame on you) the highs are much clearer and now I have real mid. The bass is very good for 6x9 or 8x7 or 5x7 what ever they wanna call it. My only concern is the tweeters level is to high buy you can lower it down whit the 0/-3dbs button on the tweeters, for example in the back if you point the tweeters at the left and right passenger it sound good. But if only one passenger sat in middle they will get way to much high, almost to an annoying tone, so if you do get these speakers be aware of this. Just pint then downward or press the button.

This to me was a no brainer $140 for all for speakers and $100 installation(do it your self is my advice)

Music tip: if you up grade your speakers you should upgrade you music quality, use 320kbps or lossless you start hearing thing in songs you never heard before make the whole music experience 10x better.

Thank for reading

I put these in my wife's 2011 SEL and I didn't think there was as much of a difference as others have said. They somehow seem both harsh and muddy at the same time. Better than the stocks but not that good, IMO.

I did aim the tweeters but I didn't mess with the tweeter boost switch. ukjason, you're suggesting I dampen the tweeters with that switch?

I put these in my wife's 2011 SEL and I didn't think there was as much of a difference as others have said. They somehow seem both harsh and muddy at the same time. Better than the stocks but not that good, IMO.

I did aim the tweeters but I didn't mess with the tweeter boost switch. ukjason, you're suggesting I dampen the tweeters with that switch?

I would try just dampen the tweeters in the back to let more bass come through and leave the fronts. As for your thought of the Infinity in my opinion you are getting more bang for you buck with these speakers. I would suggest playing around with the touch setting and the button on the speakers to find the sound you like, the next step would to put in a small sub if your wife likes more bass. For me I find the clarity is way better than the stock speakers at a cheap price.