Maintenance schedule? For instance, oil and filter changes?

jeffreybehr

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone pls scan and e-mail (jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net) the pages in their owner's manual or point me to the correct page in the downloadable manual that contains the recommended maintenance intervals? I can't find it in the downloaded one.

I never go by the recommended maint schedule. I change oil at the 1,000 mile mark then at 3,000 mile then every 3,000 after that. I rotate the tires every other oil change and have had Great results with that schedule. Ford would say that I am wasting Money. I worked for Ashland Oil Company and know many of their engineers. Ford oil is produced by Ashland, Fresh oil never hurt anything except for your clothes.

SRE

• 5 months later...

My Edge came with 2 year/24000 mile "free" oil changes at every 3000 miles. Why don't they do it at 7500 if that is what is recommended. It can't be the money, because it is all imaginary anyway (built in from when I bought it). They would save money if I only came in at 7500 mile intervals.

Also, I feel like I'm missing out on something I "paid" for if I stretch it out. :wacko:

My Edge came with 2 year/24000 mile "free" oil changes at every 3000 miles. Why don't they do it at 7500 if that is what is recommended. It can't be the money, because it is all imaginary anyway (built in from when I bought it). They would save money if I only came in at 7500 mile intervals.

Also, I feel like I'm missing out on something I "paid" for if I stretch it out. :wacko:

That's not a factory thing - it's a dealer add-on that, as you say, you already paid for. In this case they simply built-in up to 8 oil changes (based on the mileage) - less if you drive less than 12K per year. They could have just as easily built-in 3 oil changes at 7500 miles, but then they wouldn't have made as much money.