open forum for discussion? i think not!

chriswin1st

Hey Mr. Moderator "Akirby" :baby: , to refer back to what you posted in my " can edge keep up" topic, if you're going to bring your opinions and feelings into my post, you better be darn ready to take some back in your face especially if you posted such "colorful" terms. So why did you go and lock my thread? I simply replied and defended my initial opinions from your accusations and judmental statements. If you get burnt by people shoving back poop into your face then you probably shouldn't be throwing it around in the first place...let alone moderate. You want to talk about constructive debate? it's not in sitting around talking about how lovely things are that'll produce constructive/progressive results. It's in finding the holes in a ship so that it can be improve and fix. IDIOT!

Everyone else, I'm sorry you guys have to read this but I want to make sure you know ahed that coming into this forum exposes you to a moderator who's very bias and emotionaly unstable.

post-21671-0-01196300-1331261870_thumb.jpg

I have to say that I agree with akirby. If you want to point out an issue and ask for help/advise, that's one thing. If you want to be a negative whiny bitch and start a fight for no reason, it's another. You clearly don't understand the whole point of a site like this. Please know that I don't actually have an issue with you personally, but sometimes it's the right thing to do to swallow your pride when it's obvious that you're in the wrong.

• Like 2

I have to say that I agree with akirby. If you want to point out an issue and ask for help/advise, that's one thing. If you want to be a negative whiny bitch and start a fight for no reason, it's another. You clearly don't understand the whole point of a site like this. Please know that I don't actually have an issue with you personally, but sometimes it's the right thing to do to swallow your pride when it's obvious that you're in the wrong.

Ditto

And to add to that, akirby, in my opinion, does an excellent job moderating this forum. It's a thankless job and the pay ain't the best.

• Like 2

swallow what pride? i left my ego out of my posts and replied with respect to everyone until a few narrow minded people comes along thinking they have THE shit to say. spare me the high school literature analysis class. I simply said that i'm disapointed that ford can't/didn't integrate such a simiple circuit into their design to make things so much easier. what's the point of a site like this Dingo? let's all get together and talk about how great things are with a product line and make no mention of what it could be? and i say that with all due respect to you Dingo.

besides, if your competitor comes up with a great idea to solving a problem what are you going to do? say that's lame and your'e not going to implement it because it's not your idea? that my friend is counter productive.

Edited by chriswin1st

I understand your point, and am moderately sympathetic, but keep in mind the price point of your particular edition of the vehicle. Mine has more features, more comfort, more power, and a better ride than my ml350 did. From what I gathered, yours is pretty stripped down, but as my grandfather said, a poor ride is better than a proud walk. Now, had you asked, several of us could have told you exactly how to use a $3 relay to have your lights on any time the car is on. The point I'm trying to make isn't at all about the vehicle, but about the attitude.

• Like 2

I understand your point, and am moderately sympathetic, but keep in mind the price point of your particular edition of the vehicle. Mine has more features, more comfort, more power, and a better ride than my ml350 did. From what I gathered, yours is pretty stripped down, but as my grandfather said, a poor ride is better than a proud walk. Now, had you asked, several of us could have told you exactly how to use a $3 relay to have your lights on any time the car is on. The point I'm trying to make isn't at all about the vehicle, but about the attitude.

I "one uped" you on this one because i find the solution you provided very helpful and respect your expressed opinion and thoughts which fulfills the needs of these forums regardless if it was oposing or with me (holy crap that's a long sentence). But I'm wondering if you've had a chance to read my original post. I went over it to see if i was "dissing" anyone and I don't think I did. I get that it seems like everyone here loves their vehicle...i too enjoy my new edge but what i love more is progress. So mearly stating that i'm disapointed that Ford couldn't or would not implement such a simple thing just doesnt sit well with me is mearly my opinion and is far from offensive. I've included my original thread posting, i honestly can't see how people managed to get "butt hurt" by that and went of ranting.

If you'd be kind enough I'd like to hear about the relay mod you mentioned.

"Hey all. Have my 2012 edge SE for about 3 weeks now and for the most part I'm happy with it. It's a free company car so not much to complain about. I came from a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid that I put about 70k within 2.5years and that car only needed a 12v battery replacement. However it was much louder on the highway than the new Edge I got. The only rant I have about the Edge is that since the company got me the SE model, there's no auto on/off headlamp. Got a ticket for that the second day I got the new car (good bye 8 years clean streak). Guess I got spoiled with the auto on/off from the Escape. What ticks me off is...it's 2012...when the majority of auto makers are building cars that will turn off the headlights when you have the ignition off and you open the door, this beautiful modernized crossover can't do the same. That's ok though, I bought an aftermarket auto on/off kit for 25 dollars. Just need some help finding a few components to wire it up.

I hope i don't sound lazy or anything but I deal with alot of hospitals/labs so I'm on the phone the minute I climb onto the car and still yaking my way into the next hospital. Streamlining is a must. Also...the day time driving light is like freakishly bright just like the night time light. I think the diff is only like .5 to 1 volt less than the night light. Can't blame me for forgetting the driving light.

all in all, it's a good suv. Enjoying it so far."

A relay is basically a switch that is turned on by a circuit. I can draw you the circuit if you'd like, but the most basic info is that you use an ignition-switched circuit to power the headlight circuit when the car is on. A cheap relay, a couple dollars of wire, and some connectors, and all your dreams come true. Roughly $10 total.

Lose the condescending attitude. You don't have to agree with how I moderate but you can't go calling me or anyone else names just because you don't get your way.

There are ways to have mature discussions with constructive criticism but you have to lose the attitude and stop arguing with everyone who doesn't agree with you.

If you don't want to follow the rules then leave. This is your LAST warning because I'm just not in the mood to keep discussing it.

A relay is basically a switch that is turned on by a circuit. I can draw you the circuit if you'd like, but the most basic info is that you use an ignition-switched circuit to power the headlight circuit when the car is on. A cheap relay, a couple dollars of wire, and some connectors, and all your dreams come true. Roughly $10 total.

oh i understand a relay's function. but will this also turn on the back light for the radio/climate control buttons inside? or will a second relay to the parking lights be needed for that function? Also where the bloody hell is the headlight and parking light relay? the user manual makes no mention of it. My usual guy at the ford dealership that's been taking care of my escape hybrid would prob get me that info but he's been transfered. I asked for that bit of information in the mod forum and still waiting for a reply. sum it up, brilliant idea. i went and purchased the DEI 545T auto headlight module after the citation but got held up at the location of the headlamp and parking lamp relay. I used to turn wrenches in high school at a chevy gmc dealership on corvettes and firebirds like 10 years ago, sort of intern/explorer class now i make blood money so the location of most car components is kinda blurred :rant2:

Truly appreciate your help.

Lose the condescending attitude. You don't have to agree with how I moderate but you can't go calling me or anyone else names just because you don't get your way.

There are ways to have mature discussions with constructive criticism but you have to lose the attitude and stop arguing with everyone who doesn't agree with you.

If you don't want to follow the rules then leave. This is your LAST warning because I'm just not in the mood to keep discussing it.

it was you who first approached my previous topic in an immature way through multiple posts and it was you who started the name calling. and if you're over yourself, you'd see that I called no one names. just to you as a response because you're full of it and you brought it. also you must have no sense of self worth or pride if you consider my statement about you before calling you an idiot as name calling and indecent. And the point of open conversation is to allow people to present ideas and defend ideas. Which is exactly what me and everyone else was doing until you came in. There are rules here that prohibits rebuttals? If that's the case, you can keep the forum to yourself and fill your inflated head because you got so much power you can push a few buttons on your keyboard.

thanks for your two cents but don't come back until you got some quarters.

Dude, I'll be more than willing to help you, but I still agree with akirby. Please let go and stop the BS. You were wrong and I as well as everyone can forgive and forget, but chill. Yes, everything would function as if you turned on the lights manually. The relays that you seek don't exist. It's all electronic modules now.

• Like 1

Dude, I'll be more than willing to help you, but I still agree with akirby. Please let go and stop the BS. You were wrong and I as well as everyone can forgive and forget, but chill. Yes, everything would function as if you turned on the lights manually. The relays that you seek don't exist. It's all electronic modules now.

Thats what i thought since the light switch only output a whopping 2.3- 2.5v perfect as input for pld and controllers. thanks for your help and i sincerely mean it. but no can do on letting Akirby go mate. if he continues to voice in such way around my posts i'll shove it back down his throat. still don't see how I was wrong or disrespected anyone other than him for starting it. Quite honestly i feel that he owes me a sincere apology for having let his prejudgemental mind get the best of him and brought all that nonsense across my path and prejudge me so. Besides isnt it apparent that the way i communicate with you or anyone else here is different from the way i communicate with him? just look at what he's saying and the basis of his argument. and trust me, i'm about as chill as absolute zero.

However, if you feel that his constant attacks at me for having a back and forth conversation with other users is correct and justified, i respect that and there's no need for me to persuade you otherwise. Just let me deal with him/her. He's just about out of options, with really nothing much to say but to maybe delete my account in which case. that's fine too and i say that with a big ass :yahoo:

...man i can write a novel on this, it's starting to feel like one.

people are going to jump at you when you come out posting that you got a ticket for not turning your lights on because apparently Ford was to stupid to implement this feature for you, so it was like you were trying to put blame on them because turning on your headlights is to much for you. FYI other base models on the foreign autos only have auto off, not auto on. So I'm with akirby and dingo.

I think akirby is a great moderator, as I've been on forums where if you posted something like that you would have been torn apart, moderators and all, don't believe me go try mazdaspeedforums.org.

Edited by c_bova

Maybe that's because you just can't let it go...

You remind me of my brother, he ALWAYS had to get the last word in.

Went to visit him the other day, didn’t say anything just looked at his headstone.

HE DID get the last word in!

Miss you Paul

:dogwalk:

ab

He’ll do it.

Do a search on blazedup.

Note to akirb: Sorry couldn’t resist

:worship: Good job… and thanks

ab

He's just about out of options, with really nothing much to say but to maybe delete my account in which case. that's fine too and i say that with a big ass :yahoo:

I've said everything that needs to be said as has everyone else. I'm going to close this thread and we're going to start over with a clean sheet as if nothing happened.

We don't need any more drama.