seriously? -_0

chriswin1st

didn't realize there were so many people so ready to jump on a band wagon without even looking at things first. just a final word on this but it's postings like this (attached) that made my defenses in the last two postings that got locked by :censored: akirby. clearly you guys didnt read, just saw what a pissy/moody moderator said and ran with it. all because it's fun to pick on someone else that a bunch of misunderstood people are already doing so. but anyways in the example beneath, clearly you ended up reffering to the same thing that i was talking about 2 topics ago but you didnt make the connection thinking i'm talking about auto on/off. it's clearly written that i'm talking about the auto off when the engine is off and the door's open. those two conditions are met, the car will kill the exterior lights (so you aint gotta wait for the battery saver circuit for 10 friggen minutes which i didnt get a chance to verify yet). i'll most likely pay the ticket without any contestation as i understood i should've turned on the lights. all that's implied was that if ford implemented that simple circuit with the door and the engine, i'd just drive around with the lights on to prevent the issue in the first place. yeah bulb will burn out faster...whatevers work will have it replaced and clients are happier that i'm there with them instead of signing for a ticket. not sure how you guys got off on such a tangent. i had no problem standing my ground and welcomed all the postings i got yesterday but a few of you still got your panties bunched up just cause someone pointed out something that's not on a positive note so to you. sorry guys and gals, that's how things work in life. and some of you kept mentioning "getting it my way"... if you thought i was being a spoiled kid in a toy store you need to think again and reread what was actually said.

but whatevers, everyone have a good weekend.

post-21671-0-80527700-1331309289_thumb.jpg

all I have to say is then why did you buy the Ford, if you could have got that feature on another car? the way you came about the whole thing was that you were the most important thing in the world and that turning your lights off is to much of a task. had you come across and said "has anyone hooked up an auto on/off kit for the edge that doesn't have that feature?" would have been taken much better then the way you put it.

I know I shouldn't respond to your threads, but when you go and attach my post I have to.

Edited by c_bova
  • Like 1

had you come across and said "has anyone hooked up an auto on/off kit for the edge that doesn't have that feature?" would have been taken much better then the way you put it.

This. ^^^^^

It's not what you said but how you said it and how you responded to everyone else. Now I'm asking nicely for you to simply drop the issue and please move on. If you can't do that then I'll help you.

all I have to say is then why did you buy the Ford, if you could have got that feature on another car? the way you came about the whole thing was that you were the most important thing in the world and that turning your lights off is to much of a task. had you come across and said "has anyone hooked up an auto on/off kit for the edge that doesn't have that feature?" would have been taken much better then the way you put it.

I know I shouldn't respond to your threads, but when you go and attach my post I have to.

well i figure i give you a chance to stand up to what you said. and what i said was that i'm disapointed they didnt implement that design. am i not entitled to be disapointed at a lack of whatever? also it's your own darn fault for interpreting it as "i'm the most important thing in the world.... " it's also where you should insert in " i apologize for assuming so".

sorry, but apparently you've forgotten why you even posted in the first place. you were bitching about how you got a ticket because you forgot to turn on your headlights! NOBODY is that damn busy that they cant take .00005 ms to flip a damn switch that very well could mean the difference between an 18 wheeler seeing you and missing you or not seeing you and killing you, or worst case the other motorist.

i'm not jumping any bandwagons here. you just simply pissed me off because you were blaming ford because you're lazy and SO busy. the only people that can say i was too busy, IMHO, would be a teenage girl that just got her lisence and my only reason for using that example is because she probably didn't know any better as a new driver.

i believe your reasoning was that you have too many things on your mind to remember to turn your lights on, honestly, i hope we never meet on the road, as you don't belong behind the wheel if you cant clear your mind for the task at hand. that's my life, my families lives, my friends, etc that you are jeopardizing because you can prioritize your life and your job.

as a service advisor at a dealership, i perform more than 1,000 different tasks before 9 am EVERY day and on a slow day i'll get behind the wheel of more than 25 different vehicles. with each one i drive you can damn well bet that my own safety and the safety of the vehicle is the ONLY thing on my mind.

no matter how important you think your job is, you're not gonna be able to do it if you're dead or laid up in a hospital bed

• Like 1

This. ^^^^^

It's not what you said but how you said it and how you responded to everyone else. Now I'm asking nicely for you to simply drop the issue and please move on. If you can't do that then I'll help you.

how did i respond to everyone? called them being whinny bitches? being a sarcastic sob? you wont find language like that in any of my replies to other users. if those sound familar it's because they are what you said. so i'm asking you again for what seems to be one too many times after you and others have fail to answer or ignored, how did i respond to people and how did i disrespect anyone?

drop a pair and use some real analytical judgement.

sorry, but apparently you've forgotten why you even posted in the first place. you were bitching about how you got a ticket because you forgot to turn on your headlights! NOBODY is that damn busy that they cant take .00005 ms to flip a damn switch that very well could mean the difference between an 18 wheeler seeing you and missing you or not seeing you and killing you, or worst case the other motorist.

i'm not jumping any bandwagons here. you just simply pissed me off because you were blaming ford because you're lazy and SO busy. the only people that can say i was too busy, IMHO, would be a teenage girl that just got her lisence and my only reason for using that example is because she probably didn't know any better as a new driver.

i believe your reasoning was that you have too many things on your mind to remember to turn your lights on, honestly, i hope we never meet on the road, as you don't belong behind the wheel if you cant clear your mind for the task at hand. that's my life, my families lives, my friends, etc that you are jeopardizing because you can prioritize your life and your job.

as a service advisor at a dealership, i perform more than 1,000 different tasks before 9 am EVERY day and on a slow day i'll get behind the wheel of more than 25 different vehicles. with each one i drive you can damn well bet that my own safety and the safety of the vehicle is the ONLY thing on my mind.

no matter how important you think your job is, you're not gonna be able to do it if you're dead or laid up in a hospital bed

true, we should all try to find time to get in all the little things that pertains to us. and it's users like you that blew my thread out of proportion but pinning words such as "bitching" when i simply said that i was ticked off that there wernt such a simple circuit other wise i'd just drive with the lights on avoiding the whole thing while still being safe. if you only read between the lines i can't help you... and i dont blame ford for my lazyness, i blame them for being a greedy pocket picking corporation. only reason i have one is because i'm stuck with one. and it's nice to see that you seem to point that i'm the only person who forgets the headlight at night.

again i apologize for upsetting you, but i'm also sorry i can't help you if you go off on a tangent and make up your own opinions that doesnt reflect what's stated.

May I lighten the mood here by saying that FordGuru just cracked me up with this sentence. I was that teenage girl once lol. I was 17 and had my '79 TA. I pulled up somewhere that had windows and turned off the lights leaving on the parking lights (remember those days?) Forgot to turn the headlights back on and got pulled over. The cop was nice, let me off when he realized I felt really stupid, and batted my eyelashes at him. He should have tried that lol.

I will say I am surprised the SE does not have auto turn on lights, I honestly thought all cars had that now. Good to know. Now lets all have a nice Friday and give Akirby a break. :)

May I lighten the mood here by saying that FordGuru just cracked me up with this sentence. I was that teenage girl once lol. I was 17 and had my '79 TA. I pulled up somewhere that had windows and turned off the lights leaving on the parking lights (remember those days?) Forgot to turn the headlights back on and got pulled over. The cop was nice, let me off when he realized I felt really stupid, and batted my eyelashes at him. He should have tried that lol.

The best part of this - is my 60 year old dad just was pulled over a year or so ago, because he was driving someone else's car and the parking lights were on, and he ASSUMED that the headlights came on and that the fuse for the dash lights must have been blown.

The LADY cop got a good chuckle from the whole thing since he told her the whole story. Luckily, no one was hurt but we are all a little better about double checking our headlights.

• 2 months later...