3D Carbon + 22"s on 07 Edge SEL+ AWD - What do you think?

Hey guys! I'm new to this Forum and work at a Ford Dealership right outside of Boston. Watertown Ford. We just put together this 2007 Ford Edge with 22" Wheels and a 3D Carbon Body Kit. Just looking for some feedback.

Check it out and any feedback would be great!

Thanks!

The car is for sale so if anyone's interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail or give me a call at 800-584-6486.

post-1234-1186517765_thumb.jpg

Click here to view Pics and Details

For $41,445 even if it's list, I'd order me an '08 Lincoln with the 20" wheels, and end up with a much better looking vehicle. The 3D Carbon kit looks nice, but those wheels don't do it for me at all. Personal opinion.

Thanks for the feedback. What would you go with for wheels? And ya $41,445 is list price without rebates, same options on an MKX would put you at $43,235 for a list, no after market options.

You get more with the Lincoln for the price, just '07 vs '07. the ride, cooled seats, lift gate, sound, interior, exterior, you can't compare them at list. Yours shows a factory list of $36,445. So your even adding on a premium over the 3D carbon and wheels. I'd assume that the new owner will also get the stock 18" inch wheels and tires, since you haven't discounted for that. About the only thing I liked on the 3D is the front air dam over stock.

I'm not here to help a dealer make a sale or even encourage it, My bias is obvious and I mentioned the wheels already. But seriously, for that money, their is No way it can compare to the Lincoln. My taste goes for understated elegance. Your mileage my vary.

Hey guys! I'm new to this Forum and work at a Ford Dealership right outside of Boston. Watertown Ford. We just put together this 2007 Ford Edge with 22" Wheels and a 3D Carbon Body Kit. Just looking for some feedback.

Check it out and any feedback would be great!

Thanks!

The car is for sale so if anyone's interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail or give me a call at 800-584-6486.

post-1234-1186517765_thumb.jpg

Click here to view Pics and Details

I did the same thing with my edge. I have every option as the one you've shown has but elected not to purchase the factory NAV unit. Instead I purchased the Pioneer NAV which is better looking, doesn't have the functions restricted and for less than the FORD factory NAV price I have steering controls, integrated Blue tooth MP3, Blue Tooth Cell, Serious SAT, IPOD (onscreen function) DVD, reverse camera and digital guages. A much better value than the factory unit. The sticker on mine was 32,500 and I got a set of numbers so i paid well under Invoice. Anyway, enough about my Edge.

Yours looks great. The only mistake in my opinion was the choice of wheels. They don't look that good. Thye're not hideous but they are weak for what wheels should do for the vehicle. Next one you do try something along these lines http://www.directwheelsandtires.com/Giovanna-Cuomo-58.html

So the vehicle all around is a winner. Good choice of options and the wheels look better than the stock one's do. The tires are also much better than the stock Continentals which are lousy quality tires.

I'm not here to help a dealer make a sale or even encourage it, My bias is obvious and I mentioned the wheels already. But seriously, for that money, their is No way it can compare to the Lincoln. My taste goes for understated elegance. Your mileage my vary.

Help them make a sale? Encourage it? Sounds like you're doing the opposite considering the topic.

I will respect your opinion, but I wouldn't call the MKX "uncomparable" to the Edge..especially when it comes to the exterior.

I will say that this Edge doesn't do it for me. Most people have poor selection when it comes to matching ridiculously large wheels to vehicles. Over the years, I think that has ruined me on the concept. I think they are a waste of money compared to the extra, more functional goodies you could add to the vehicle.

Edited by HokieOnTheEdge

Well, since you asked...I think the wheels are hideous, a term someone else used. Personally I HATE chromed, light-alloy wheels, but I'm simply the wrong generation, one that doesn't like ugly music and garish wheels.

The tires look too small for the wheels and the car; what size are they?

Here's what I'm putting on mine. ASA brand, 20X9, 275/45-20 tires, same diameter as the Edge-optional 18s. Probably you can understand why I don't like your dealer's choice.

GrabberASA1_600h.jpg

Here's another forum member's Edge with 275/45-20 tires, this time Hankook RH06s. I think it's the right size.

Hankook275onEdge_600w.jpg

I'm sorry that I can't remember the member's name; perhaps he/she will let us know?

Well, since you asked...I think the wheels are hideous, a term someone else used. Personally I HATE chromed, light-alloy wheels, but I'm simply the wrong generation, one that doesn't like ugly music and garish wheels.

The tires look too small for the wheels and the car; what size are they?

Here's what I'm putting on mine. ASA brand, 20X9, 275/45-20 tires, same diameter as the Edge-optional 18s. Probably you can understand why I don't like your dealer's choice.

GrabberASA1_600h.jpg

Here's another forum member's Edge with 275/45-20 tires, this time Hankook RH06s. I think it's the right size.

Hankook275onEdge_600w.jpg

I'm sorry that I can't remember the member's name; perhaps he/she will let us know?

That bottom picture is mine.

The carbon kit isn't too shabby. IMHO, 22's are extreme. And...the wheels do absolutely nothing for me.

Yes, I'm more partial to the basket style - which is why I went with the Enkeis.

Still..those just look...I don't know...cheap? (They looks like spatulas)

I like the body kit, but hate the wheels. Those black ASA wheels look 10 times better at half the price. I had H & R lowering springs put on my MKX & it looks so much better that I decided to stay with the 18 inch factory wheels.

Edited by MKX2007

Wow! $665 for a 22 and $789 for a 23 inch wheel. So $2660 to $3156, just for wheels and add another, what? $600 min. for tires. You still live at the folks place? :)

Nope my folks are dead. I have been making serious money for quite a few years and I can spend whatever I want to spend. For me I just see what I like and buy it. Realistically those prices can be easily beat. You just have to shop 'em.

Nope my folks are dead. I have been making serious money for quite a few years and I can spend whatever I want to spend. For me I just see what I like and buy it. Realistically those prices can be easily beat. You just have to shop 'em.

I'm still trying to find out from Watertown what brand/model the tires and wheels are.

Then we can begin a fair comparison.

I'm still trying to find out from Watertown what brand/model the tires and wheels are.

Then we can begin a fair comparison.

I clicked his link and couldn't tell the manufactor of the tire, just 265/35R22 102V M+S. Same for the wheels.

He had a before and after pick of the wheels, doesn't seem to be a big problem, switching them.

Edited by 07 MKX

I believe if you clicked his link, and he had posted about it in another thread, you'll see more pictures and more detail.

do a search for his name and posts

I actually did that before and couldn't find any information; hence the question.

Only thing I did see was the actual size of the tire - 264/35/22. Nothing about the tire or wheel brand/model.

It is working out to just under 5K for the body kit, wheels, and tires. The Hankooks I have, for that size, are $291.99 each (from 1010tires.com); $1167.96 for four. That leaves about $3800.00 for the wheels and body kit.

Not saying it's not a good deal..but want to know where the money is.

hehehe, It was this thread that had the link> so I did the same as you and then edited my post to reflect my stupidy. Well the Carbon kit had to be painted, Perhaps $500 is in that. We can guess the other 3G is in the wheels?

Lol..no worries..and absolutely no stupidity. I actually went back and double checked making sure I didn't miss it the first time....

I'm really curious about the wheels...if they are 3G..well, IMHO...someone was ripped off. I really think they are pretty fugly.

I'm sure Mr. Ford-salesman can enlighten us. At least with the brand and model of the tire and wheel. We can figure the body kit from there.

Certainly that shouldn't be too difficult.

Edited by Good_Hands

oh, I forgot the cost of that kit,

someone else posted in another thread it's clost to 3 G

here are some links.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/741/741865p1.html

http://www.lmperformance.com/16402/52.html <----- $1500 Lincoln

http://www.lmperformance.com/manufacturer.asp?manuf=185 <---$1400 Edge

$2,495 for the kit painted/installed and $2,495 for wheels+tires. If you are to order the kit right through us its $1,587+shipping.

$2,495 for the kit painted/installed and $2,495 for wheels+tires. If you are to order the kit right through us its $1,587+shipping.

Can you say "rip off"????

Of course, the crack dealers and pimps in Boston don't mind shelling out some extra money for bling...

Lol..no worries..and absolutely no stupidity. I actually went back and double checked making sure I didn't miss it the first time....

I'm really curious about the wheels...if they are 3G..well, IMHO...someone was ripped off. I really think they are pretty fugly.

I'm sure Mr. Ford-salesman can enlighten us. At least with the brand and model of the tire and wheel. We can figure the body kit from there.

Certainly that shouldn't be too difficult.

The body kit is around $1600, plus you need to have it painted your color.

Since we are all giving our opinions, here is mine. Some of you wondering about how the price of those "spatulas" can cost so much. Well from what I have found online is that you can get wheels that are made cheap or made really well. Tirerack sells some 22" for the 07' Edge for as little as $302 and as high as $1168 per wheel. It just depends on what brand of wheel you purchase. Everyone likes what they like. I like the chrome look just not the ones he picked out. I would personally love to have the Avarus AV1's from Tirereack.com on my Edge. Those black ASA's that Mr. Behr is putting on his Edge are straight "BUDUSSY". Of course, that's just my opinion, do whatever floats your boat.

Edited by HerEdge