outside temp display

It's on our SEL+...don't know about the other trim levels, though.

thanks for quick answer

is it with the dual zone climate control .starting to look lease not up untill january 08 hope i can get early out in november.will try for Sel plusin copper and black

You will ONLY have the External temp on the Electronic Climate Control System. The standard AC omits it. You will NOT have it in the dash. We added a Compass, Ext Temp, Mirror to replace the stock one just so the wife would have the Ext Temp.

is that teh same as the duel zone control

Ok wait a minute.

Are you saying with the Dual Zone Climate control there is an outside temp display? I don't see it anywhere... Only interior temps. Am I missing someting?

If you look at the display screen where it shows AC, Temp of the AC, etc..you will see three bars "under" the screen.

The middle one says "EXT" - push it and see what happens.

Yes, the two are the same. I believe Ford calls it "Dual Electronic Climate Control" as an option for the Edge. It is part of the premium package.

Yes without a doubt. With the Dual Electronic Climate Control... it has a display option to show External Temperature. If you DON'T have Dual Electronic Climate Control... you will not have External Temp display anywhere without an after market solution.

Ok I'm a retard :) I wondered what that was for.. must have missed it in the manual :)

Psst...that's ok.

Don't tell anyone but.....Two weeks after I bought my Edge I was thinking, "Hmm...there is a control on the steering wheel for the raising and lowering the temperature; it would be really cool if I could speed up and slow down the fan from the steering wheel too."

Then I looked at the left column of buttons on the steering wheel. The bottom one.

That says...

- Fan +

• 2 weeks later...
The dual zone CC is a nice option to have as a whole. Wife didn't even know the Edge had outside temp until yesterday so your not alone Bannachipz. Have it on 2 auto's but don't use it. Anyone find outside temp useful feature for auto's or am I the exception?

I find it useful.....essential, no...but useful, yes. If it's 99 degrees outside, for example, I may elect to close the BAMR/shade when parking the car. If I'm driving up north, it's nice to know if it's below freezing, especially when going over bridges.