Galaxy S4/S5

Cellbine

I got the Galaxy S4 today. Really amazing phone, so many capabilities. I am most excited about the wifi and bluetooth working properly. My Note's wifi and BT functionality has be really disappointing after the last update several months ago. It couldn't stay connected to Sync or stay more than 20ft away from my router without disconnecting. To place a call in my car and be able to hold a conversation, I had to put the phone in the secret cubby underneath the head unit.

When I connected the S4 to MFT, it connected great and stay connected! I haven't called anyone through it yet, but I have high hopes. I also have an unbelievably strong wifi connection in my home now. I figure this is a place where we can talk about the S4 and address any concerns people might have with it. I have only had the phone for a few hours, so I am still learning all it can do.

• Like 1

I have an S3 and it works fine for phone but tends to be a little funny with Bluetooth Audio (Playing music from the cell phone). Sometimes, it will drop on me or take a long time to connect. If the S4 solves those problems, I am heading to the nearest T-Mobile Store and picking up a black one.

The S4 looks like an AMAZING phone. I switched last year from my iPhone5 (trash). It was between the S3 and the Droid DNA (S4 wasn't even announced yet). Even the S3 looked like a REALLY cool phone and the features it has on it is amazing, the S4 is above and beyond that.

I went with the DNA though. What sold it for me was the Beats by Dre audio system in it. When I hook that bad boy up to my car it's like doing a speaker upgrade. The sound is amazing. You can definitely tell a difference when you turn the Beats system off and on.

There are so many great phones out now, it's amazing the crap they come up with lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love my S3 and I know S4 owners that love it. The new features they added into I can imagine would be cool to show-off, but not use in regular application (scroll-with-eyes, facial-recognition unlock, pause-when-glancing away). I know it has a longer battery life, which I wish my S3 had, but the one thing I wish I could do, is use the AppRadio on my HU, but it only suppports the S2 and only in the newer model HUs...

Got a new S4 last weekend. So far, it works great with the MFT system. For those wondering, the MFT system and the phone generally interface well. It shows pictures of people from your phonebook and reads incoming text messages. However, you can't reply through the phone through voice commands. Overall, I'm much happier with this phone that I was my previous one (Samsung Charge).

To piggy-back on what Houston said, I have had the S4 for nearly a month now. It has worked flawlessly with MFT. Connected every time, phone calls are perfectly clear, and never had to reboot MFT or the phone to make something work properly. I accidently turned of BT on the phone once, but after turning it back on there was nothing to do when I stepped foot in the Edge. It just connected.

Couldn't be happier with the phone and above all Im happy to be able to call my wife hands free when I need to. Got one of these now :baby:

• Like 1

I just got the S4 a week ago, after breaking my S3. My droidX never had issues with Sync, but the S3 would never sync up my contact list (and I never got around to downloading the app to make it work correctly). I'm hoping to have better luck with the S4 in this regards...but just asking, you got all your contacts to go in and everything?

• 2 weeks later...

All my contacts downloaded normally and every time I have used voice command to call one, it works.

Actually sinc'd it up the other day. Happy to state that it did bring all my contacts in...and it's reading text messages again like it did with my DriodX. I'm not sure why the Galaxy S3 was such a misfit...but the S4 does work. :rockon:

Well, I can give you all feedback on it since I now have an S4. The skipping with the S3 whilst listening to music and the command issues pushed me to the breaking point. So far, the S4 has not skipped or dropped a song when playing.

Cellbine: I also have an 80GB iPod Classic in mine that I use for tunes as well. I can also drop a 120 GB HD or my wife's 8 GB iPod Nano in there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm also rocking an S4 and loving it.

Finally was able to test this today. It took a few times pushing the BT media button for it to connect, but it did.

For those of you wondering, that is a 12hr mp3 of vacuum noise to keep the newborn happy :baby:

Aww, that's cute. lol. If you didn't know about it, there's an app called Relax and Sleep. You can mix different types of relaxing sounds (fire crackling, ocean, etc.), including white noise. I have to use it when staying away from my house, where I have a stand-up fan running all the time. I know it wouldn't integrate with the MFT to start it up, but it should still stream the audio through A2DP.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mizusoft.relaxandsleep&hl=en

Hey Cellbine!

Yeah, I got the S4, great phone and the best phone I've ever had. It plays very nicely with MFT, no problems yet! I don't miss my iPhone5 one bit. But I must admit, the boost my Droid DNA gave my speaker system with the BeatsByDre in them, I miss sooooo much! lol.

Did you try the equalizer settings?

Aww, that's cute. lol. If you didn't know about it, there's an app called Relax and Sleep. You can mix different types of relaxing sounds (fire crackling, ocean, etc.), including white noise. I have to use it when staying away from my house, where I have a stand-up fan running all the time. I know it wouldn't integrate with the MFT to start it up, but it should still stream the audio through A2DP.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mizusoft.relaxandsleep&hl=en

Thanks, I downloaded the app just-in-case. We are pretty much past the "use white noise to quite the baby" stage, but having it for trips and such will be good.