2017 drivers seat extenders

I love my new 2017 Edge but have difficulty getting and out of the drivers seat, couple issues! one the drivers sear does not extend far enough back and there is an extension on the bottom front edge of the drivers door that also blocks access if unable to open door fully.

Is there a fix for this or do they make a seat extender that will allow the seat to go back further?

Guy

If you were anywhere near me I would make you one. Find yourself a fabrication or hot rod shop in the area and they should be able to do it for you. I had to make one for my foxbody.

If you ever sat in one of those mustangs, you'd notice you can eat gummy bears off your knees while driving... even with the seat all the way back

• Like 1

Everything related to the seat position is designed very carefully for crash performance. Remounting your seat further back could cause it to overload the floor; basically it would pop out if you ever hit something hard enough. Even if it didn't do that, the seatbelt angles and airbag timing are all carefully designed around the limits of the seat travel. If you were ever in a side crash, it would put your head in a potentially more dangerous spot close to the B-pillar and all the stuff behind it and possibly put you out of the range of protection of the side air bags.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love my new 2017 Edge but have difficulty getting and out of the drivers seat, couple issues! one the drivers sear does not extend far enough back and there is an extension on the bottom front edge of the drivers door that also blocks access if unable to open door fully.

Is there a fix for this or do they make a seat extender that will allow the seat to go back further?

Guy

Do you have the Easy Entry and Exit feature on your car? Look in your owners manual under seats. It is on page 138 in my 2016 manual, this may help you.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1