Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now
Guest Message by DevFuse

Check out the Ford Edge ST Forum Here

- - - - -

2017 drivers seat extenders

seat extenders

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The Learner

The Learner

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

I love my new 2017 Edge but have difficulty getting and out of the drivers seat, couple issues! one the drivers sear does not extend far enough back and there is an extension on the bottom front edge of the drivers door that also blocks access if unable to open door fully.

Is there a fix for this or do they make a seat extender that will allow the seat to go back further?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Mikula

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 337 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2016

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

If you were anywhere near me I would make you one. Find yourself a fabrication or hot rod shop in the area and they should be able to do it for you.  I had to make one for my foxbody. 

If you ever sat in one of those mustangs, you'd notice you can eat gummy bears off your knees while driving... even with the seat all the way back

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 128 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Edge's Year:2017

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:16 AM

Could you just re-mount the tracks further back.
On problem with getting further back might be the Arm rest isno longer in a good spot to use?

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:16 AM

Everything related to the seat position is designed very carefully for crash performance.  Remounting your seat further back could cause it to overload the floor; basically it would pop out if you ever hit something hard enough.  Even if it didn't do that, the seatbelt angles and airbag timing are all carefully designed around the limits of the seat travel.  If you were ever in a side crash, it would put your head in a potentially more dangerous spot close to the B-pillar and all the stuff behind it and possibly put you out of the range of protection of the side air bags. 

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#5 OFFLINE   enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,786 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:32 PM

Would it help if you lowered the seat diwn prior to entry/exiting?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seat, extenders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users