Jump to content

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Edge Platinum Member
  • Posts

    11,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    272

Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

  1. Did they at least run the diagnostics on the Climate Control Module? Since everything is affected, I am more tempted to blame the CCM.
  2. I see you excised the part where you were swearing up & down ...
  3. A trip by the Great Canadian Railroad to the Edge loading point, then a chauffered ride to the factory ... Sounds delectable.
  4. Meh, no luck. The scan picked up single quart bottles, plus no 5 qt jugs on the shelves. Sorry!
  5. Typo? I don't know for sure. I am going to try picking up my order within the hour. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/castrol-cas-mag-0w20-5qt-06006/10838501-P Hope you have success with it as well. I have attached data sheets for comparative purposes. Castrol edge w Syntec PDS.pdf Castrol Magnatec 0w20 PDS.pdf
  6. Jeezuz, glad you are OK! Maybe you should hang a NO DEER CROSSING sign up front on the Edge to warn them. Yikes!
  7. And that's because Toyota stole all their paint for use on the MR2
  8. Probably take about a year to start acting up. At least that was the case with the Strongarm 6120s I installed. Fine above freezing, a muscle building exercise below. Too bad Redline doesn't offer these for the Edge.
  9. If disconnecting and reconnecting switches under the driver's seat does not work, replacement of the DSM is the next logical step. That has been the fix on other model lines. I think the part number is 7T4Z-14C708-A. http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2007&m=Ford&mo=Edge&initSearch=1&partNo=7T4Z-14C708-A#Search
  10. DTBL's HID kits are available now. Dan has a YT video on installation. You can also try other kits from DDM, TRS, etc. LED lighting is starting to become more available. You can get it from EBay or from vLEDs.
  11. Hope you kept your watch Good luck with the MB, I am sure it will prove to be a fine vehicle! Though I should note, the Edge IS available with the Ecoboost in 2.0 and soon the 2.7 trim
  12. Always takes time to recover from the b***-clenching moments. If you trust your work, then relax and see what happens, rather than imagine the worst in the future.
  13. Sorry to hear about this problem! could be a bad battery/trans shifter etc. Did you check the cables/terminals? No corrosion, tightly fastened, etc.? Try moving the shifter to N (neutral) and then starting. Does your insurance have tow/rental coverage? You can also talk with the dealer see if they will do that for you for free, seeing as how new your Edge is. They will need to run a thorough diagnostic anyway, so that will take time. Do you have the Ford extended warranty or some other ...
  14. I looked over pics of the degas bottle cap and it does say 110 KPa or 16 psi on mine as well. I don't think you need to worry about that minor difference. Testing it warm, say around 70F but definitely at/above 32F is best, does your tester give you a chart? Specs are usually laid out at a specific testing temperature. Specific gravity is actually what is being tested for, and it tells you the % of coolant in the solution. It does NOT tell you anything about any other properties such as rust/corrosion inhibition. You might be able to guess at it with a voltmeter (electrolysis; readings also sensitive to temperature) and pH strips. http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/water-temperature-specific-gravity-d_1179.html http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ethylene-glycol-d_146.html As to how pressure affects the coolant solution/any aqueous solution: http://www.animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/jw/freezing-point-depression-boiling-point-elevation.htm Fun facts on the different coolant formulations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffpe8aVvb2c
  15. Wanting to add OEM remote start to your 2011+ Edge? candurin gets you all set up: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17035-adding-oem-remote-start-kits-parts-explained-detailed-2011/
  16. Welcome to the community, and congrats on the '14 Edge! Glad you could keep it in the Ford family What trim level, AWD, color? Put up some pics of your rides when you can ... You've probably already seen this thread: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17035-adding-oem-remote-start-kits-parts-explained-detailed-2011/
  17. What wheels are you getting? Be careful with wheel width, ideally same as OEM. You could go wider, but that would change tire dynamics.
×
×
  • Create New...