Jump to content

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Edge Platinum Member
  • Posts

    11,144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    272

Everything posted by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

  1. Welcome to the forum, Machan, glad to have you and your '14 Edge here! First Ford?
  2. Very, very nice work very tricked out! How much work was it to put the Raptor grille in there? Take the wrap off the center console already! Can't wait to see your future mods in progress. Any pics with the lights on
  3. Once you have the RH halfshaft removed from hub and have the knuckle supported on a jackstand: All wheel drive (AWD) vehicles Remove the 2 bearing support bolts. Remove the right halfshaft and intermediate shaft as an assembly. Place the intermediate shaft in a vise and disconnect the halfshaft from the intermediate shaft by striking the joint housing.
  4. New end link needed, for sure. You can try cutting the bolt off, or use an impact wrench to get the nut off. the hex is only supposed to be used for installing, not removing BTW. The tie rod bolt I believe is supposed to spin, not 100% sure on that though.
  5. Neatly summarized Your vehicular history list makes my head spin! I consider the Edge's styling to be "nice" and "friendly", not "bold" or "menacing". So yes, your girlfriend has a point. I think of the Edge as a "constant companion" rather than a thrill-a-minute ride. Though I wouldn't mind being behind the wheel of a fast ride once again, I am content to contemplate the nature of the universe with serenity I do believe the brakes were addressed starting in 2011, but upgrading pads/rotors helps a lot! The AWD, however, remains enshrouded in mystery, I have no evidence to believe anything has changed there with the 2015. You definitely would have to get creative to install a major league sound system in the Edge, but moving over to components rather than all-in-one speakers will help greatly. And tuning your setup will bring it to life. So I hope you decide to keep your Edge and look forward to what path you choose to upgrade it
  6. Pretty sure you would have to take it in to a dealership, they may not charge for the lookup though. They will need to hookup the Edge to IDS to determine what PCM software version is loaded.
  7. Good catch, omar! So the 6F55 mated to the 2.7EB should open up tuning possibilities like they are on the SHO. I wonder if there have been any changes to the PTU design though. No meaningful changes to service intervals that I can see. Same spark plugs for the 3.5L & 2.7EB. Wouldn't rely on the 100,000 service interval for optimal performance in the EB, 30,000 miles is a more practical interval due to gap growth (to which turbo engines are more sensitive). Waiting for comprehensive maintenance schedule data to be published: http://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/maintenance-schedules/
  8. It's not all that early. On the SHO, the full torque hits at 1500 rpm This is way BEFORE torque converter lockup. On the Edge, I believe it would be somewhat AFTER torque converter lockup with stock programming. That should keep demand on the trans stable. Don't know what the Edge's hp/tq curves will look like, but this is for the SHO:
  9. Usually it's a bad ground. But since the ignition is off, it is POSSIBLE that the ignition switch is going bad and allowing current through.
  10. I have had that happen with electrical components many a time. They seem to act fine as long as they remain connected (as in before you started taking the dash apart), but once that umbilical is broken, they can't take the re-connection and give up the ghost.
  11. Did you test the module? This post might help: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/15071-climate-control-problem/?do=findComment&comment=115324
  12. Tuned suspension would include springs, stabilizer bars, etc in addition to shock absorbers/struts. Even bushings can be different.
  13. I don't think there is a fixed answer for this, MB guys like to boast about having hundreds of thousands of miles on theirs. More on testing them here: http://www.aa1car.com/library/charging_checks.htm
  14. Isn't this the TRS part you'd need? 1 controls both lights. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/components/harnesses/morimoto-9006-low-beam-relay-wire-harness.html You can try hidxtra.com also for harness/capacitor offerings: http://www.hidextra.com/accessories/?sort=newest http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13579-ddm-hid-firing-problem/ A thread that dispenses some wonderful knowledge: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/13572-my-hid-upgrade-with-close-to-factory-lookoperation-for-80/
  15. Welcome "officially", Gary, glad to see another OC Edge owner on here This was my first color choice had it been easily available AWD in the used market. What other mods do you have in mind?
  16. Great look at the inside of the door as well
  17. I am in the Silver Spring area, about 16 mi north of DC. Whereabouts were you thinking for a meet? Richmond is about 2 hrs away from me in usual traffic.
  18. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your soon-to-be new ride Can't wait for "delivery day"!
  19. Was the sound anything like cards in a bicycle spoke? I get that sometimes, but only on cold starts/cold days.
×
×
  • Create New...