Where do I write a "complaint" letter? Cargo Mgt $$

I ended up buying the Cargo MGT through parts dept. $250. But I need it and the car should come with it. For a $60 appx option for a slip-in piece of plastic, what a scam.

Anybody know the customer service address for Ford to log a complaint. Heck, I'd even take a bunch of oil changes or something!!

THX

http://www.bbb.org/ or ford directly but both are in vain for small claims unless in high numbers. Its sad... but have to get a bunch of people and lawyers involved for anyone to listen.

Get your money back is my best advice. Try returning it to dealer cause not satisfied? If paid for with a credit card you should be able to get your money back even if dealer wont refund the money. If so, call CC company to find out. Its in the fine print nobody ever reads. Debt cards are not the same as a real CC and have no protection.

I agree it should be standard equipment. Laughed when dealer showed me one. Aftermarket will most likely have other cheaper options before long. Is it $250 from ford online also?

Was gonna build something out of wood or aluminum myself but wife told me not to bother. Be much cheaper. May do it anyway.

GL!

No, I ordered it knowing the price after the sale. On-line same amount. Guess I should figure I got the car EXACTLY how I wanted it except fot that option, so small price to pay for perfection! (Just trying to talk myself into believing I did the rigth thing)

While I might agree that Ford should make the cargo management "system" (using the work "system" liberally), the sad fact is they didn't. I seriously doubt Ford's gonna do anything for you. Your dealer may, though, if they failed to explain what this option was prior to your order. Your dealer may offer an oil change or something....

If you financed the dealer-installed cargo management system, at $250....this means what...another $5/month?

While I might agree that Ford should make the cargo management "system" (using the work "system" liberally), the sad fact is they didn't. I seriously doubt Ford's gonna do anything for you. Your dealer may, though, if they failed to explain what this option was prior to your order. Your dealer may offer an oil change or something....

If you financed the dealer-installed cargo management system, at $250....this means what...another $5/month?

What does this system look like and where does it go? I have something by my spare tire......but it wasn't on the list of options......I am wondering if I have one though.

thanks.

I got the cargo management system when I ordered my Edge. The default Edge just has a styrofoam shell around the spare tire underneath the rear floor. The cargo management system replaces the styrofoam insert with a plastic insert that gives you "some" hidden storage space.

What does this system look like and where does it go? I have something by my spare tire......but it wasn't on the list of options......I am wondering if I have one though.

thanks.

• 1 month later...
I have the cargo system and it actually is quite handy. I have my California duster, a flash light, jumper cables, emergency first aid kit, and two bottles of water in it.

Good Hands aren't you from TN? Then why do you have a California Duster in your Cargo Management Tray, You planning a trip to Cali soon.

I have a rag and a Can of Pledge for dusting. But then again I am from MO!

SRE

:banghead:

No, I ordered it knowing the price after the sale. On-line same amount. Guess I should figure I got the car EXACTLY how I wanted it except fot that option, so small price to pay for perfection! (Just trying to talk myself into believing I did the rigth thing)

:banghead: Join the club, did exactly the same thing. :finger:

Good Hands aren't you from TN? Then why do you have a California Duster in your Cargo Management Tray, You planning a trip to Cali soon.

I have a rag and a Can of Pledge for dusting. But then again I am from MO!

SRE

True..I am in TN. Originally from California. The Cal Duster belonged to my parents before they moved to Arizona. They found an Arizona duster so they bought that and gave me the California Duster since I didn't like the Tennessee Duster.

• 1 month later...

An easy fix to the cargo managment item for $250 from ford is to make it yourself. This is what I did with a friends Edge. I really should have taken pictures throughout the project to make a "how to" but failed to in my rush to just get it done. Here's a quick write up.

1. Pry the foam insert from the rear of the vehicle. Its easier to work on it on a bench or table.

2. Gently cut out the Styrofoam honeycomb that takes up the inside of the rear tire surround. DO NOT CUT THE OUTSIDE WALLS, ONLY THE INSIDE.

3. With some medium and then fine grit sandpaper, sand smooth all the places you cut out the styrofoam honeycomb.

4. At this point you have three options for finishing off your new cargo organizer.

You can:

A. spray it with paint to seal the foam.

B. Fill it with a light coat of Bondo body filler, sand it smooth and paint it for a cleaner look.

C. Fiberglass it, sand it, and then paint it to match your body color. (You can use cans of DupliColor and Clear you don't need to take it to a body shop)

Sorry I didn't take photos when we did it. I can tell you it came out great! Im planning on doing it to mine when I eventually get one.

Edited by Edgieguy

An easy fix to the cargo managment item for $250 from ford is to make it yourself. This is what I did with a friends Edge. I really should have taken pictures throughout the project to make a "how to" but failed to in my rush to just get it done. Here's a quick write up.

1. Pry the foam insert from the rear of the vehicle. Its easier to work on it on a bench or table.

2. Gently cut out the Styrofoam honeycomb that takes up the inside of the rear tire surround. DO NOT CUT THE OUTSIDE WALLS, ONLY THE INSIDE.

3. With some medium and then fine grit sandpaper, sand smooth all the places you cut out the styrofoam honeycomb.

4. At this point you have three options for finishing off your new cargo organizer.

You can:

A. spray it with paint to seal the foam.

B. Fill it with a light coat of Bondo body filler, sand it smooth and paint it for a cleaner look.

C. Fiberglass it, sand it, and then paint it to match your body color. (You can use cans of DupliColor and Clear you don't need to take it to a body shop)

Sorry I didn't take photos when we did it. I can tell you it came out great! Im planning on doing it to mine when I eventually get one.

Whoa.

Deja vu.