Samsung Note compatable with Sync voice message

Upgraded my phone to the new Samsung Galaxy Note last week.. Set it up with Sync on my 2011 Edge. To my surprise Sync now will read me incoming messages.

Can't believe my iPhone4 wasn't compatable with Sync for this feature and the Note is. Pretty cool....

Edited by KonaBlueSport

You know what, my whole family has iPhones, I've only had one and I have an android right now. I like apple, but its not the end all for me. I was so excited to see everything that the Note offers. I have been researching it for weeks lol. It is a bit big, but I keep hearing that concerns of size disappear after you've had it for a few days. I like the fact that it integrates so well with the Edge.

Ā 

Needless to say, I'm ready for a badcensored.gif phone for my badcensored.gif car!

I saw the Note in Best Buy the other day. Man, that thing is huge.

Ā 

When I was doing the research to upgrade my phone, I actually chose my new phone because it worked with the Sync text messaging feature. It wasn't the deciding feature, but it was a nice bonus. I've got the HTC Evo Design 4G and when a text comes in, I normally hit "Listen to Message" with the right steering wheel button and leave it at that. Works well for what it is.

Ā 

Peace,

Ā 

DM

Ive had this item on my amazon wish list for a few days now. I can't tell you if its any good or not, but I think its worth mentioning.

Ā 

Samsung Galaxy Note Car Mount

Ā 

Ā 

Has anyone found anything else similar to this?

Ā 

I have the same mount for my Galaxy S2. It's good for long drives, and trapster and such, but gets annoying for daily use. You have to remove the phone from any case, and it's kind of a bitch to take the phone back out of.

I have the same mount for my Galaxy S2. It's good for long drives, and trapster and such, but gets annoying for daily use. You have to remove the phone from any case, and it's kind of a bitch to take the phone back out of.

Ā 

I keep hearing about not being able to mount it with the phone still in its case. I saw that it has functionalities that let you talk to the mount. Thats cool and all, but don't I have a car that can already do that hysterical.gif. Its looking more and more like I might pass on this one. Still haven't decided yet...besides, I don't even have the phone yet! lol

• 3 months later...

I don't have the Note, but I have the HTC Evo Design 4G and ever since the MFT update here's what I've noticed:

1. If I turn on Bluetooth on my phone & then crank the vehicle, the phone automatically connects every time.
  2. If I forget and crank the car first and then turn on Bluetooth, the phone automatically connects only about 50% of the time.

FWIW.

Ā 

Peace,

Ā 

DM

I just picked up a cheap Samsung to test out another service and was surprised that the phone supported reading the texts. My original plan was to use something like vlingo and have it read the text messages and send messages with voice activation. Ironically the phone I got (Exhibit 2) doesn't show up on the compatibility chart as being able to do texts. But it did just receive and OTA update so maybe that is when it got activated.