Forum Update and Attachments

c_bova

If you click "view new content" on the upper right, you'll see a menu of options on the left with lots of new choices. It's way more functional than the old version.

If you're having problems please post the browser and version and if possible try it on multiple browsers.

If you click "view new content" on the upper right, you'll see a menu of options on the left with lots of new choices. It's way more functional than the old version.

If you're having problems please post the browser and version and if possible try it on multiple browsers.

i've tried it on chrome and safari, both latest versions and it does the same thing.

the issue does seem fixed. now I can only hope that for extra large images it resizes them, but I don't think that is the case.

Testing

I thought the size thing was me or Internet Explorer 8.

Here's a test with the same picture one has a resolution of 4272X2848 (as taken by a Canon XSi)

The other has been resized to 1024X683 using Canon Digital Photo (came with the camera)

And her's a pic I post the other day.

ab

post-3705-0-86167800-1334857072_thumb.jpg

post-3705-0-49069500-1334857221_thumb.jpg

post-3705-0-15039500-1334857763_thumb.jpg

Edited by ablb

The new interface is a little cumbersome for me as well, but I'm sure it's because I don't know my way around it yet. it'll take a little time to get used to. What I am really diggin' about the new software is that I can actually navigate around the forum much better on my Blackberry Torch. Pages load fast and are formatted to mobile devices. I no longer have to zoom in and scroll side to side to read a single line in a post. Thank you forum gods, whoever you are.

If you go to www.fordedgeforum.com on a smartphone such as my iPhone4S... It will say at the bottom, that you can download an app for this forum.. When I click on that link it takes me to the iTunes store and gives me an error.. Basically stating that it didn't find such software. Does anyone know of an app that can be used when looking on a smartphone such as Android, BlackBerry or iPhone.. Well exclude Blackberry, they are always late to everything.... :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

I've had a company supplied BB for years and have seen it's OS being passed up by everyone elses superior software and available apps. I'm going iphone when my current contract is up.

I don't know if I played a role in the app download link you mention. I gave the family an ipad for christmas and found an app that I think was called "Forum Reader" which reformats the forum pages to load faster and allows easier navigation. I sent a PM to our forum moderator asking if he would consider using it for ours. Not sure if the forum reader app is for both the iphone and ipad or just ipad. With your error message, it sounds like it may just be for the ipad.I will try it when I get back to the office.

I'm typing tyhis reply using the new fordedgeforum native mobile format that automaically comes up on my phone when I go to the normal URL. It is so much easier. I don't know that a separate 3rd party app would perform any better. Thanks moderator/forum owner!

Sweet info KC!! I too have an iPad. Its company supplied but its more or less a personal iPad. I will try it.. Thanks buddy!

Even with the old forum software, it had a phone version.

Yeah, it has a mobile version but if you look on the iPhone it will say at the very bottom.. "Get the free IP. Board App for iPhone Now!".. When you click on that, it takes you to the iTunes store but gives an error and never shows you an app to download.