Replacement Key/transmitter

Hi all

Does anybody have the direct replacement part number for the keyfob transmitter for our Edge? I called the parts program hotline to order one and they show two different keys for the Edge. One is a 1 button and the other a 6 button. Neither would fit the correct description. I called the dealer and they want like $90 for the key alone. Anyone know for sure? or if one of the above is the correct one?

Thanks

............and yes, we lost a key! Have to get it programmed...... :banghead:

Hi all

Does anybody have the direct replacement part number for the keyfob transmitter for our Edge? I called the parts program hotline to order one and they show two different keys for the Edge. One is a 1 button and the other a 6 button. Neither would fit the correct description. I called the dealer and they want like $90 for the key alone. Anyone know for sure? or if one of the above is the correct one?

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks

I dont have access right now to the Ford parts system.

If you need the part number maybe can get that during the week.

Richard and Barbie

Edited by BlueLtd

I am sorry to hear that you lost a key.

The replacement key will have four buttons; lock, unlock, panic and yeah liftgate.

The fusion key will not work.

Have the parts manger order the correct key and then yes be nice to the Service manger.

The computer will have to be programmed for the new key.

Richard and Barbie

I was told that a replacement key would be @ $200-$300 dollars...........They are programmed with a chip that will only work on the one Edge it came with.......Ain't technology fun sometimes??

My salesman told me $ 125.00. He explained how to program a new key. Not sure if I would remember if I ever needed to.

I was told that a replacement key would be @ $200-$300 dollars...........They are programmed with a chip that will only work on the one Edge it came with.......Ain't technology fun sometimes??

They are NOT programmed with a key that only works with one vehicle. The vehicle learns the key, not the other way around.

If you have 2 keys you can program a third key yourself. If you only have 1 the dealer has to do it. This is to protect you from a valet or mechanic programming a 3rd key without your knowledge.

• 2 months later...

I wanted to get another key remote for my new Ford Edge, but noticed how they were so expensive when purchased through the dealership. I did some research and found this store on eBay that sells them for about $50. I thought that I would give it a shot and ordered one. Once I had it, I brought it to my local hardware store and got the key cut. Once that’s done, there’s a section in the manual that explains how to program your key remote. They make it sound very complicated, but it really only takes a minute or two to do it and it’s quite easy. It worked right away and I haven’t had any problems. Here is the link to the eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/THE-REMOTE-KEYLESS-ENTRY-STORE

The Edge key should only be a 3 button as there is no remote for the trunk on my 07. I actually bypassed the key/remote key and went with a 3 button fob only and PATS key for a 07 taurus/expedition. The Integrated key is just too expensive. I tried to program a 4 button remote and it will not work as there is no remote latch for the liftgate.

• 2 months later...
The Edge key should only be a 3 button as there is no remote for the trunk on my 07. I actually bypassed the key/remote key and went with a 3 button fob only and PATS key for a 07 taurus/expedition. The Integrated key is just too expensive. I tried to program a 4 button remote and it will not work as there is no remote latch for the liftgate.

No so! I got a 4 button Rotunda key off E-Bay for $39.00, Used my original IKT key and a programmed PATS key (No unlocker buttons) and was able to program the new Rotunda key to start the car and unlock and lock doors and sound alarm. Just don't use or worry about the lift gate button. Paid about 1/2 price for the key and didn't pay a Ford Dealer some exorbitant price to program it.

lenko

I bought this key on eBay from-

http://stores.ebay.com/Transponder-island_...9QQftidZ2QQtZkm

It has 4 buttons, but I called them before I ordered and they guaranteed it would work. They were right, I don't need the lift button on the edge, but the rest of the buttons work as normal! I too had the key cut a a local locksmith then went through the programming instructions they sent and it worked first time!

• 2 years later...

I wanted to get another key remote for my new Ford Edge, but noticed how they were so expensive when purchased through the dealership. I did some research and found this store on eBay that sells them for about $50. I thought that I would give it a shot and ordered one. Once I had it, I brought it to my local hardware store and got the key cut. Once that’s done, there’s a section in the manual that explains how to program your key remote. They make it sound very complicated, but it really only takes a minute or two to do it and it’s quite easy. It worked right away and I haven’t had any problems. Here is the link to the eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/THE-REMOTE-KEYLESS-ENTRY-STORE

Did everything work once it was programmed (all buttons and lift gate)?