Bad door skin seams

Fifth_Ford

After washing my Edge a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the seams on the door skins don't match up and the crimps on the corners are crushed instead of a nice overlap. I went to the dealer and asked them about it but they had never seen it before. We looked at an Edge in the show room and it had the same thing. Has anybody else seen this on their Edge. Their body shop is currently trying to figure out what to do about it. My concern is will it start to rust come winter. There are parts where the out skin does not even overlap the inner panel.

Has anybody from Ford seen this before. I know I am not the only one with it. SHould I be concerned about it rusting. I am an Engineer my self (although not automotive) and I know darn well that if anything like that left our plant someone would hang. Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue. The dealer is still trying to find out from Ford what do do. I don't exactly have the utmost confidence in them at this time

Pictures are attached. Please disregard the focus but I think you will get the idea

Thanks and any help would be appreciated

post-1393-1188343798_thumb.jpg

post-1393-1188343818_thumb.jpg

post-1393-1188343840_thumb.jpg

I see, well then if you happen to see Bill Ford logged in here, please ask him why, My vehicle didn't come with the pads that fit in the door pulls.

I'd appreciate it.

In the mean while, I'll just go by the assumption that this site is being populated by people who bought the vehicles and want to learn more about them.

If it really becomes a concern of mine about those door pull pads, then I'd take that up directly with the company and not take a chance that the door pad engineer would be wasting his company time logging in here and seeing if he had satisfied customers.

and for your information, I happen to know exactly what I speak of.

Edited by 07 MKX

I see, well then if you happen to see Bill Ford logged in here, please ask him why, My vehicle didn't come with the pads that fit in the door pulls.

I'd appreciate it.

In the mean while, I'll just go by the assumption that this site is being populated by people who bought the vehicles and want to learn more about them.

If it really becomes a concern of mine about those door pull pads, then I'd take that up directly with the company and not take a chance that the door pad engineer would be wasting his company time logging in here and seeing if he had satisfied customers.

Wow, struck a nerve there........must be wage role....you have a good day now........and hey...thanks for ruining a good thing.

I'd appreciate it.

Well, perhaps you can tell the rest of us how to get the door pull pads, since I didn't get any either.

FIFTH FORD, I THINK U BRING UP A GOOD TOPIC ON THOSE DOOR SEAMS. I WILL BE CHECKING MY EDGE. THIS IS WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR...NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE CONCERN. I HAVE READ A FEW COMMENTS FROM 07 MKX AND THEY CANNOT SEEM TO "PLAY NICE" ON THIS FORUM. I AM SURE HE WILL HAVE A STRONG, NEGATIVE COMMENT FOR ME ALSO AFTER READING THIS.....JUST CHILL A LITTLE 07 MKX. I HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE SINCE ITS BEGINNING AND THEY'RE SEEMS TO BE MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ON HERE WHO HAVE NOTHING BUT "SMART___" COMMENTS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE REAL QUESTIONS. MYSELF, NYEDGE, JIMMERZ..WE HAVE ALL BEEN ON HERE A LONG TIME AND THE FORUM WAS NEVER THIS NEGATIVE BACK THEN.

I'd appreciate it.

The door pull pads you talk about, are normally in the right front door map pocket, when the vehicle enters pre-delivery. It is one of the loose items that must be checked before the vehicle is shipped. Check your dealer, because they may be removing them and tossing them out if they don't know what they are. When I picked up my Edge, the rubber pads in the cup holders weren't in place, so I looked way down in the bottom of the centre console, and there they were.

Ok...maybe I'm missing something...or just didn't have enough caffeine or...

What are "door pull pads?"

They are small foam rubber pads that go into the 'cups' on the door arm rests, to cover the screw in the bottom. The 'MKX' has a plastic flap that closes down to hide the screw.

Okay, I'm not exactly sure where I need to post this reponse but I'll try here......I responded to this same "problem" a while back and I don't believe I received a response.

Fifth Ford I have the exact same door issue. It appears from your pictures that you have a redfire which is what mine is as well. I talked to my boyfriend about it (he is a Ford Senior Master Technician) and he didn't have an issue with it. He also isn't paying for it :doh: .....but I generally believe what he says about my vehicles. I would love to hear what your technician says about yours. It definitely does not have a finished appearance. My issue now is that I have added the body side molding so if the doors needed to be replaced, I'm out the money for the molding.

Okay, I'm not exactly sure where I need to post this reponse but I'll try here......I responded to this same "problem" a while back and I don't believe I received a response.

Fifth Ford I have the exact same door issue. It appears from your pictures that you have a redfire which is what mine is as well. I talked to my boyfriend about it (he is a Ford Senior Master Technician) and he didn't have an issue with it. He also isn't paying for it :doh: .....but I generally believe what he says about my vehicles. I would love to hear what your technician says about yours. It definitely does not have a finished appearance. My issue now is that I have added the body side molding so if the doors needed to be replaced, I'm out the money for the molding.

I will keep you posted. The colour is actually the Blazing Copper (not the best picture), but I have also found it on a Black one in the dealers showroom. Dosen't sound like it is colour dependent.

• 1 month later...

[/quote

I know this isn't the right forum for this but since sues's boyfriend is a Ford Senior Master Technician...I'd like to know what he knows about the pulling problems going on with some edge's??? also, my ford didn't come with these pads either only for the cup holders in the console!

• 4 months later...

WOW that hem is SH_T. That condition will lead to premature corrosion. Go to the dealer check all the other edges. If they are the same it means your a victim of Ford craftsmanship... if they are different then it was a temp hem die issue. Either way its a mfg'ing defect

• 1 month later...

After checking the door skin seams on my Edge, I see the very same issue. The only question I have is does anyone really know for sure if this will be an issue in the future as far as corrosion goes?

Has anyone taken their Edge into a dealer and had them actually look at the problem, and if so, what was the outcome?