Vertical DRL's - What are all possible ways to achieve this?

Really, the options are DIY buying the Philips drl (http://www.amazon.com/Philips-12824WLEDX1-DayLight-Powered-Daytime/dp/B005DX6BKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339339965&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+drl+8) yourself and cutting up the oem housing and installling the unit yourself for ~$190 and your own labor. Or you can buy one of DaytimeBrightLites built units (he has 3 options). There are a number of write ups here on how to do it yourself.

I did buy one from DTBL (in production now) because I wanted to keep the light bar AND have the Philips LEDs as well (no way I as going to heat and remold the oem light bar myself).

Either way, go with the Philips as it is the brightest DRLs available.

Edited by candurin

• 9 months later...

Which email did you use? He was great at replying to me except once when he didn't receive the message i sent. I did get a message saying it was so i was confused but when i sent the second he responded very quickly. But in our last message he did say that he discontinued the current three drls, but has a new one coming out very soon with a led turn signal built in.

Please don't judge the company's customer service on just that experience. If you search the forums for daytimebrightlites you will see many great reviews with everyone raving about their customer service. I myself will be a lifetime customer because of how personal the company is with all my questions, concerns, and support. I own many DTBL custom lights because of the quality of service and, most importantly, the quality of product they produce. :D

Im not to sure of the people from that Daytime BrightLites website, I have sent them 3 messages for prices on the DRL's and its been 2 weeks and no one has gotten back to me at all.That is not very godd busness if you ask me,so I been looking at other websites

tazmanken,

I'm sorry for the problems you are having getting a response from me. Not sure why I wouldn't have replied right away. If you tried emailing me last week, I was on vacation, but did reply to all of the emails I received during that period. If you sent an email prior to the 15th, then I am scratching my head, beacuse I have answered everything in my inbox. I do receive bounce-back notices from time to time when my emails are being blocked by the receivers spam filters. Maybe that is what happened.

Can you try sending it again to info@daytimebrightlites.com? Post a reply on this thread when you have sent it so I can make sure I have received it. Sorry again if this was caused from my end.

Dan

Id have to search, but theres some guy selling some on ebay who offered me a $99/pair price if 10 people bought in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRL-LED-Light-Daylight-Running-Integrate-Turn-Signal-For-Ford-Edge-2010-2013-/111029237982?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2011%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AEdge&hash=item19d9dbb8de&vxp=mtr

Edited by Edgieguy

Okay so let me start with explaining to you that http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/ has the best daytime running light that you will ever find for the ford edge, ford truck, or taurus! I purchased their lights months ago and have recieved compliments at least once a week since their installation. That site sells a VERY high end product that looks like it came straight from the ford dealer. There is even a Richmond, VA Ford dealership that is interested in offering the daytime bright lites as an LED package to be installed at the dealership. I know this because the dealership owner approached me about my lights and now wants me to set up a meeting with the http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/ owner so that he can secure a sales relationship. I promise you that this ebay knock off is not anything like the product that the Daytime BrightLites website is offering and you WILL most certainly be dissatisfied!! If you want a low end product that will probably break within a month or so, order the ebay lights. If you want to purchase a product that is sold from a reputable source that not only offers a top of the line product but stands by it 200%, get yourself the LED package from http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

tazmanken,

I'm sorry for the problems you are having getting a response from me. Not sure why I wouldn't have replied right away. If you tried emailing me last week, I was on vacation, but did reply to all of the emails I received during that period. If you sent an email prior to the 15th, then I am scratching my head, beacuse I have answered everything in my inbox. I do receive bounce-back notices from time to time when my emails are being blocked by the receivers spam filters. Maybe that is what happened.

Can you try sending it again to info@daytimebrightlites.com? Post a reply on this thread when you have sent it so I can make sure I have received it. Sorry again if this was caused from my end.

Dan

Sorry for my earlier post Dan, did not know you was out of town, you did get back to me as soon as you got back,we talked and everything is fine.

Oh, cool. How much are the Daytime BrightLites compared to just the Philips lights? And are there any other manufacturers that sell the whole unit with bright LEDs?

I'm just saying that because 200$ for an LED is quite a lot! Haha.

Edited by tazmanken

Please don't judge the company's customer service on just that experience. If you search the forums for daytimebrightlites you will see many great reviews with everyone raving about their customer service. I myself will be a lifetime customer because of how personal the company is with all my questions, concerns, and support. I own many DTBL custom lights because of the quality of service and, most importantly, the quality of product they produce. :D

I have talked to Dan at Daytimebrightlights and everything is fine,he was out of town when I was trying to get in touch with him.

These Aliexpress lights are made by my contract manufacurer and are only compatible with the "export only" Ford Edge, which is shipped to pacific rim countries such as China, Singapore, S. Korea, etc. These lights are not compatible and will not function on the Canadian, U.S. and European Ford Edge. My EDGE-2 LED DRLs are the only version available for our Edge.

The only components those lights share with mine is the housing and lens. All other componensts are unique to my EDGE-s. Even if these lights did function on our Edge, you would see a significant difference in perfromance. My EDGE-2s use higher quality, better performing and higher cost LEDs. The turn signal LEDs in the export lights use small inefficient white LEDs. This white light must pass through an amber color plastic lens which significantly reduces the light output. My EDGE-2s use an amber LED that is larger, brighter and more efficient shining through a clear plastic light bar. Using an amber LED produces a much more brilliant and visible light.

My EDGE-2 also has features the export light does not, such as the headlight dimming feature. The white DRL LEDs automatically dim to 70% of full brightness when the healdights are actictivated. Leaving my DRLs at full brightness along with the headlights, is too bright for oncoming drivers. I experimented with keeping the DRLs at 100% at night and often had oncoming drivers flash their brights at me. Even at 70%, my DRLs are more than twice the brightness of the stock accent lights already on the Edge.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure I have already put some of you to sleep. Thanks goes out to all of the positive comments. I can't wait to hear the feedback from all those who have already ordered my EDGE-2s. I'm positive you're going to love them as much as I do. Many thanks, Dan
  • Like 1

These Aliexpress lights are made by my contract manufacurer and are only compatible with the "export only" Ford Edge, which is shipped to pacific rim countries such as China, Singapore, S. Korea, etc. These lights are not compatible and will not function on the Canadian, U.S. and European Ford Edge. My EDGE-2 LED DRLs are the only version available for our Edge.
The only components those lights share with mine is the housing and lens. All other componensts are unique to my EDGE-s. Even if these lights did function on our Edge, you would see a significant difference in perfromance. My EDGE-2s use higher quality, better performing and higher cost LEDs. The turn signal LEDs in the export lights use small inefficient white LEDs. This white light must pass through an amber color plastic lens which significantly reduces the light output. My EDGE-2s use an amber LED that is larger, brighter and more efficient shining through a clear plastic light bar. Using an amber LED produces a much more brilliant and visible light.
My EDGE-2 also has features the export light does not, such as the headlight dimming feature. The white DRL LEDs automatically dim to 70% of full brightness when the healdights are actictivated. Leaving my DRLs at full brightness along with the headlights, is too bright for oncoming drivers. I experimented with keeping the DRLs at 100% at night and often had oncoming drivers flash their brights at me. Even at 70%, my DRLs are more than twice the brightness of the stock accent lights already on the Edge.
I could go on and on, but I'm sure I have already put some of you to sleep. Thanks goes out to all of the positive comments. I can't wait to hear the feedback from all those who have already ordered my EDGE-2s. I'm positive you're going to love them as much as I do. Many thanks, Dan
I REALLY want a set Dan but I only get paid once a month and cant pay for them till the first of next month and Im sure all your pre orders will be gone

Edited by tazmanken

Thanks for letting me know this Dan