New order of 2013 Edge SEL Lost?

Hi all,

I recently, about 3 weeks ago, placed my order for my new 2013 Edge SEL, however when I called the dealership for my VIN, they said it is still not there.. What does this mean? Has my build been lost in the system? or will my Edge be delayed? From what I read in other posts, they should have had the VIN within 2 weeks of the order being put in.

How long does the build take these days? I am assuming this is a 1 day build, and some dealer installed parts (ie. DVD). How many orders are processed each day at the Oakville plant? and is there a back log of orders these days?

Sorry for the excessive amount of question at once, but 3 weeks in to my order, it already feels like a year! :waiting:

I ordered my 2013 Edge Limited Ecoboost on May 22nd and it's like my order has fallen off the face of the earth. The dealership hasn't heard anything yet, no VIN, no build date. Going by the above poster's timetable, it looks like it will be middle to late July before I see it...come on Ford, pick up the pace a little for us impatient customers!!

Ford accepts and schedules a new vehicle order if:

The dealership has allocation

There are no commodity issues (options in short supply)

There are not orders in the system already from the dealership

If the dealership has not given a later order a higher priority than yours!

The dealership knows what their allocation is. They know what orders are in the system, They know what is in short supply and what priority they placed on your order. If your salesperson is not telling you the real story because they don't know, they should ask one of the managers. Many will try to suggest it is a big mystery, but dealerships control scheduling (within their allocation). If a dealership has allocation for 10 a month, and you placed the 21st order, you may wait 2 months for scheduling. Don't try to go by somebody elses experience.

Thank you! That is some great insight. Do you think it would be somewhat harassing to keep calling and asking all these questions? I bought it fully loaded and paying a lot for it, so I would assume for the price point, it would be expected to know when my car would be delivered.

Cheers,

G.

Dealer is giving you a bunch of bad info. I placed an order on wed june 13th for a new escape titanium. By saturday

june 16 i already have the vin number and it was realeased to the factory and is scheduled for july 9th. Most plants are

closed the july 4th week. Hope this helps you. I dont know for sure when i will get mine but i at least have info. Yes i saw

info in computer it is not just what they are saying.

WindowSticker.pdfi Attached a copy of the vehicle sticker. Since i can get it the vehicle is probobly made and

either on a rail car or will be shortly. I would need a dealer code to actually check the status.

Talk to the sales manager he can go into the FMC sight and see all information including

ETA. I dont know why they are giving you a hard time. Hope the window sticker helps. It

does have some dates on the bottom of the widow sticker.

Well...I ordered a 2013 Edge SE on March 13th. Still hasent arrived to my dealer. They claim there was a part shortage on the 18" wheels? I have a vin# can someone track for me? 2FMDK4GC7DBA53412

Thanks in advance!

Call your dealer, they will probably have it today.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my VIN# from my dealer, and was able to pull up my window sticker. The window sticker date says June 25th.. how long after this date is it usually in production? I called my dealership again (they must think I'm nuts!) and my sales guy told me to expect it near the end of July?!?! What? does that make any sense at all? I ordered this thing on May 17th.. surely it can't take this long.. They must just want me to suffer a little longer.. perhaps maybe even beg. LOL

Anyhow.. still waiting.... :waiting:

Gorkem, the date on the invoice is usually the beginning of the week when the vehicle will be produced. On occasion there will be a slip to the following week. Once the vehicle leaves the plant, it is in the hands of the transportation companies. They will load train cars and trucks to maximize their delivery schedules without any regard to order dates or priorities. Shouldn't take more than a week or two unless there are complications.

Every order and dealership situation is different. Trying to gauge by somebody elses experience is futile. In my experience, salespeople push out the estimated delivery date so you will be pleased when it comes in earlier.

Like I said in an earlier post, May 17 is only your order date. The clock does not start until Ford accepts the order as clean and able to be scheduled (controlled by allocation, commodities and dealership placed priority.)