Ford Authorized performance modifications

gtgassman

Hi everyone I am new here my wife just got a used 2012 edge limited eco boost, it was a Ford excutive car. So I was poaking aruond under the hood and found a Ford sticker that said Ford Authorized performance modifications

It has two lines on it the first one is PCM-CT4A-AVF and the second one TCM-CT4A-CE the dealer # 65107 and it was preformed on 12-27-2011. I know thePCM is powertrain control module and tcm is tranmission control module my question is what did they do to the powertrain and trans... :shades:

Thanks Garret

Hi everyone I am new here my wife just got a used 2012 edge limited eco boost, it was a Ford excutive car. So I was poaking aruond under the hood and found a Ford sticker that said Ford Authorized performance modifications

It has two lines on it the first one is PCM-CT4A-AVF and the second one TCM-CT4A-CE the dealer # 65107 and it was preformed on 12-27-2011. I know thePCM is powertrain control module and tcm is tranmission control module my question is what did they do to the powertrain and trans... :shades:

Thanks Garret

Probably some factory update to improve drivability or emmisions, shift quality, etc. Or fuel economy. Certainly not a boost improvement.

Edited by RJG

I found this .. sounds plausible.

"Basically the sticker is there for emissions to let people who do inspections in the states that require it, know that we as a Ford dealer modified something differently than how it was built from the factory..

In the case of yours, the computer was updated to the latest information at that time (like updating your home computer from say Xp to vista for example.. only quicker)

The P&A code is a number assigned to every Ford dealer in the US and Canada and allows for tracking of work among other things"

Thanks everyone I don't think it was just some update because that is something that is done top most cars evey time they are serviced. I knoiw that my Mustang is reflasher every time it goes in for an oil change. Also if it is just an update this sticker would be on every edge...

Thanks everyone I don't think it was just some update because that is something that is done top most cars evey time they are serviced. I knoiw that my Mustang is reflasher every time it goes in for an oil change. Also if it is just an update this sticker would be on every edge...

Most cars don't get reflashed every time they go in for an oil change. They don't change the PCM code that often.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone I don't think it was just some update because that is something that is done top most cars evey time they are serviced. I knoiw that my Mustang is reflasher every time it goes in for an oil change.

your mustang is reflashed every time you go in for service?! please elaborate on this!!!

Also if it is just an update this sticker would be on every edge...

not true. there are 100's of 1,000's of updates out there for ford vehicles out there. we update anywhere between 15 to 50 a day for various concerns.

an update is nothing more than altered configurations, parameters, and or guidelines in which the modules communicate between each other

Edited by FordGuru