Seats

Vizsla_Buddy

I have noticed with my 11 edge sport the seats are a huge let down creaking and popping, I've already had my passenger seat replaced and the only one who sits in it is my 115lb wife. Real disappointed with my seats. Kinda dreading the trip I'm getting ready to take to FL from TN.

Sorry this is off-topic... but do any of you notice the left-most part of the seat cushion on the leather seat has developed some wrinkles? I ask because there seem to be some 'larger' folks posting here (I'm 6'2"-230 myself). I only have 5,000 miles on my '11 Edge.

From past experience with leather seats, the leftmost part of the drivers seat will show "wrinkles" sooner than the right side because you are putting more stress on it getting in and out.

• Like 1

From past experience with leather seats, the leftmost part of the drivers seat will show "wrinkles" sooner than the right side because you are putting more stress on it getting in and out.

You're right, completely normal. I've had leather from every american (auto) manufacturer and they all did this. You'll also notice "seat crush" in the same area for the same reasons. Usually the taller the vehicle (or the shorter the person) the more you'll see it unless you step on running boards and sit directly on the seat without sliding across. It isn't really a weight thing though that speeds it up I'm sure. I'm 6'2 @210 but was 300 so have seen a wide range of conditions.

Edited by jimj

Thanks for all of your responses to my OT question.

Ā 

I guess I notice it more in the Edge because the leather is softer than I'm used to. I'd hate to see the seats in 50,000 mi if they look like this in 5,000.

Ā 

As far as creaking and popping, 'weak' seats are something I've seen in Ford vehicles all the way back to the '80s. Myself, I am quite careful not to 'stress' the seat too much. Although my Edge has had a bit of a popping sound in the lumbar (I keep it deflated because it's not in the right spot for me) from day 1.

Ā 

Not too big a deal... nothing's perfect. And I've got my eye on the 2013 Lincoln MKZ 3.7L AWD. Can't wait to test drive one!

Should be an awesome test drive on the "Z". You'll have to report on the test drive.

I will. I have no major complaints with my Edge, but I am extremely worried about the future of powertrains in vehicles. I like a larger V6 as opposed to turbo four cylinders and small and twin turbo V6s. That worry has driven me to upgrade more often than one normally does. I may have to drive the same vehicle forever if the 2.0L turbo four is the only engine on the market!

Limited59 if you drove a 2.0L Ecoboost Edge you would have no concerns about a four cylinder. When I was deciding what to buy, I test drove both the four cylinder and the V6 and hands down I preferred the Ecoboost. That's what I bought and I just love it. And the leather seats are great too!