Is anyone can tell me that is this set is correct?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, Borat....I use nothing but Shell in all my vehicles...I give no bullshit...do you remember when this trouble started? Did it start after you put in HID lights? What kind of car did you drive in Kazakhstan? Trabant? Have you tried bringing girl with big American breasts to dealership to make service advisor happy??

Leslie Nielson....either "Airplane" or "The Naked Gun"????

Ā 

Pay the man Shirley.

Ā 

Airplane.

Ā 

(I thought the only thing that work with the service department was taking your spouse to argue for you. I didn't know that big-breasted American women did the trick too. Oh wait...she may have not known any big-breasted American women. Never mind)

I don't think the type of Gas, has a thing to do with it. It's got a new fuel filter on it. I don't think even overfilling it and letting the charcoal canister fill up, would be the problem. But it might. Here is the first way to troubleshoot anything, return it to original condition and ONLY make one change at a time, 2 changes and you don't know which one caused the problem. Yes, put the lights right back to how you bought it, and see what happens then. If you still have the code, it's time for the service dept. to take a looksee again. If nothing happens, It just might be that cheap light kit you got off ebay.ca. No trouble codes, put the HID back in and see if the code comes back. If it does then there is your problem. It wasn't made for those lights and it might be causing you problems all over the vehicle. BTW, when was the last time you changed the electron overflow buckets under it?

fly6,

To be of any help we need info on what HID you installed and troubleshooting you have done. HID's installed, idiot light on now , code p0452... isn't much to go on.

Disabling the DRL's is very important for HID's. Needs a constant and steady 12v or the ballast will not last. 16 gauge wire size min and a relay is recommended.

Try this...

1. Disconnect batt

2. Check batt for full charge and level

3. Disconnect all wires from the HID kit but nothing else. Reconnect batt and drive it. Light come one now?

Ā 

I don't critique others comments....I critique others use of grammer, punctuation, sentence structure...and, if they come across as a f*ckin' idiot, I will point that out.....would you like to be a member of the club?????

1. Its the net. Nobody cares!

2. BTW, its "grammar" but us "idiots" know what you mean.

:gang:

Ā 

Headlights have NOTHING to do with a check engine light. It is mostly for emissions.

I dunno if light will come on or not but Fords have network codes(U).

U0180 Lost Communication With Automatic Lighting Control Module

U0181 Lost Communication With Headlamp Leveling Control Module

U0182 Lost Communication With Lighting Control Module

U0183 Lost Communication With Lighting Control Module

Ā 

If it's not the gas cap then it's probably the vapor recovery canister or tubing that has a leak.

Agreed. Emission problem. Bad part or leak likely. Usually hard to find.

Ā 

Hey, Borat....what kind of gas do you use??? If you're using cheap crap, that might be contributing to the problem......

Possible... but not likely the culprit. Would have other symptoms like rough idle, hesitation, hard to start, etc. if its the fuel.

Ā 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

FORUM TERMS

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

Ā 

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Edited by rehtaf

.... abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

So, what's your point, schmuck? I don't believe I've done anything you have so thoughtfully pointed out

Ā 

Only in every post you've made in this topic.

Ā 

Just because you think you're funny doesn't mean everyone else does.

fly6,

To be of any help we need info on what HID you installed and troubleshooting you have done. HID's installed, idiot light on now , code p0452... isn't much to go on.

Disabling the DRL's is very important for HID's. Needs a constant and steady 12v or the ballast will not last. 16 gauge wire size min and a relay is recommended.

Try this...

1. Disconnect batt

3. Disconnect all wires from the HID kit but nothing else. Reconnect batt and drive it. Light come one now?

Possible... but not likely the culprit. Would have other symptoms like rough idle, hesitation, hard to start, etc. if its the fuel.

Ā 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

thanks for your replay. I did not find a way to disable the DRL. The dealership will not do that for me, cause it against the law. for now, I just put back the original low beam bulb back to my edge, and see what happen next. I did not disable my hi beam for hid light. I just leave there, cause I did not use it when I driving in the city. and I think it is will not cause any problem, if I do not use it.

Ā 

I just want to know is anyone install hid headlight for the edge, and nothing going wrong? I wish the code is not cause by the hid light. if it is cause by hid light, can I return the set of hid light back to ebay seller to get refund?

Ā 

Thanks!

fly6,

Try this...

1. Disconnect batt

Ā 

Edit:

I use black tape to cover the sensor to keep get enough power supply.

• 2 months later...