Is anyone can tell me that is this set is correct?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI everyone:

After I install the hid headlight, my engine light turn on. And I go to ford dealer, they told me it is nothing wrong with the vehicle. So they just shut off the engine light. Tonight after I drive after 100Km, the engine light turn on again?

Any idea is anything going wrong with my vehicle!

Thanks!

Ā 

I'd say it's the HID headlights, but I'm guessing you already knew that, huh?

Ā 

Autozone will read the code for you - that might give you a clue.

Sorry to hear about your problem, but this is one of the problems that one may have when installing after market stuff..and the worst is yet to come when the dealer will tell you ..."sorry..that problems is due to....,not covered by FORD warranty"...fill the blank to whatever item was installed...

good luck to you...and let us know how it went afterall is said and done..

So the lights work fine and its just the check engine light? Light comes on when the HID lights are turned on only? Did you disconnect the battery to install the lights? Use a relay? Completely disable the Daytime Running Lights(DRL)? Any splicing or cutting of wires or did it come with a harness? Clean contacts? Use dielectric grease or tape? Check for unstable or lack of power? Check the grounds? Fuses? Do the Hokey Pokey?

Ā 

I assume it was a kit and need to know what product you installed and all details to be of much help. Check the easy stuff first.

Ā 

Anyone know if the Edge has a sensor for a blown headlight?

thanks you guys for reply.

This is time the dealer told me, I did not tighten the gas cap. and nothing wrong with my hid. I hope it is true. For now I did not figure out my daytime running light problem. I put my headlight on auto function, and I use black tape block the sensor. Everytime I drive my vehicle, the hid headlight will turn on. I think it is a little weak for the car.

I can not Completely disable the Daytime Running Lights(DRL)? Cause I am living Canada,Ford dealer will not do that for me. I did not cutting of wire.

I hope this will help other people who want to install hid headlight! And I also ask the people work at Ford dealer, they told me for 2008 Edge, they do not have option to install hid light!

Good luck everyone!

Edited by fly6

once again, my engine light turn on today. I call ford dealer right away, and book a appointment on Monday at Ford dealer. Anyone have any idea, if my engine light turn on like this so frequently. Can I ask dealer give me some compensation since I just bought my edge one month ago. this is the third times!

Thanks!

once again, my engine light turn on today. I call ford dealer right away, and book a appointment on Monday at Ford dealer. Anyone have any idea, if my engine light turn on like this so frequently. Can I ask dealer give me some compensation since I just bought my edge one month ago. this is the third times!

Thanks!

Ā 

So first off did you do as Robert suggested, and put it back to stock.

And if not why would the dealer owe you comensation, for a problem more than likely caused by your aftermarket lights. :finger:

So first off did you do as Robert suggested, and put it back to stock.

And if not why would the dealer owe you comensation, for a problem more than likely caused by your aftermarket lights. :finger:

In fact, it is nothing wrong with my hid headlight. THe engine light come out by somewhere leaking. So I think I have right to ask dealer do something for me.

Headlights have NOTHING to do with a check engine light. It is mostly for emissions. Check that gas cap again. if it continues i would say that the cap might be bad it happens all the time. Check engine is for engine related sensors and emissions only. that would be like the check engine light coming on cause you have a flat tire, and since you have the TPMS you dont need to worry about that either. I can attest the TPMS works as designed. We had a screw in a tire that we never would have seen on a day trip and the light popped on as soon as we got on the freeway. So we got back off got it fixed and were on our way.

You do have just cause to ask the dealer to check your Edge if the "check engine" light is on....if it turns out that it is coming on because you installed non-stock headlights, then the dealer is not obligated to do anything for free...I have never heard of a check engine light coming on because of a leak, but, with the way everything is run through the onboard computer these days, I guess anything is possible......

I leave my vehicle at Ford dealership! Until now, they did not find out where are the problem cause the engine light come out! And I am so disappointment with sales. when I ask the sales( he sold this vehicle to me), I told him I came back the ford dealership three times a week, I still got the same problem and same code. And I ask him can I get more benefit for this situation. Cause it is waste my time and inconvenience for me since I just bought this vehicle one month ago. He first response is that he said for the first couple of month the vehicle maybe has some problem, it is not for evryone, but it is happenning sometimes. For this situation I understand. after that he said the engine light come out maybe cause by I install hid light, cause I told him I install the hid light and want to do somthing with DRL. I told him it is nothing wrong with the hid. He still go to service department and ask the service advisor until the service advisor told him nothing wrong with electric problem. it's cause by other issue. after that he just told me they will fix it for me and go away. I do not really believe they take care the cutomer. they just sold the car, and that is it. I do not want to anything with this guy anymore. Cause I almost got piss off. Anyone have any idea, if the same problem cause the engine light come out again, who should I talke about this situation and ask the compensation. dealer manager, finance manager, service department manager? any advice?

I leave my vehicle at Ford dealership! Until now, they did not find out where are the problem cause the engine light come out! And I am so disappointment with sales. when I ask the sales( he sold this vehicle to me), I told him I came back the ford dealership three times a week, I still got the same problem and same code. And I ask him can I get more benefit for this situation. Cause it is waste my time and inconvenience for me since I just bought this vehicle one month ago. He first response is that he said for the first couple of month the vehicle maybe has some problem, it is not for evryone, but it is happenning sometimes. For this situation I understand. after that he said the engine light come out maybe cause by I install hid light, cause I told him I install the hid light and want to do somthing with DRL. I told him it is nothing wrong with the hid. He still go to service department and ask the service advisor until the service advisor told him nothing wrong with electric problem. it's cause by other issue. after that he just told me they will fix it for me and go away. I do not really believe they take care the cutomer. they just sold the car, and that is it. I do not want to anything with this guy anymore. Cause I almost got piss off. Anyone have any idea, if the same problem cause the engine light come out again, who should I talke about this situation and ask the compensation. dealer manager, finance manager, service department manager? any advice?

Ā 

I doubt seriously you will get any compensation - I do hope they are providing you a vehicle every time you have taken it in to get looked at.

Ā 

I'm thinking it is a gas cap problem (or leak somewhere else) too. That is the # 1 reason the Check Engine light comes on - you don't tighten the gas cap enough.

Ā 

Try - Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre

1-800-565-3673 (FORD)

I doubt seriously you will get any compensation - I do hope they are providing you a vehicle every time you have taken it in to get looked at.

Ā 

I'm thinking it is a gas cap problem (or leak somewhere else) too. That is the # 1 reason the Check Engine light comes on - you don't tighten the gas cap enough.

Ā 

Try - Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Centre

1-800-565-3673 (FORD)

Ā 

Ā 

..I am sorry and trying to be funny, but I can't understand crap..is it me......and I thought i had an accebt after 45 years in the USA....<S>

You are a funny dude....compensation??? That's a good one....The only compensation you'll get is that Ford will live up to terms of the warranty....if your Edge has to stay in the shop, and you have a half way good dealership, they will provide a loaner car at no cost to you..(it will be a sub-compact of some kind, but at least it's transportation). That's about it!

In fact, it is nothing wrong with my hid headlight. THe engine light come out by somewhere leaking. So I think I have right to ask dealer do something for me.

Ā 

Vell dis you get der light fixed er knot?

Ā 

Dis der leak, Your HID uses more electrical electron's and if der electron buckets overflowen, then ist should notice dis der pile of dem vere you parken. I known daily, that at der enden of der internet, they are incinerating toun's of electron's from deleted email's and all those other junk thingun's that get ern deleted. Ist alvays amazed mine, that they weren't every getten recycled.

Ā 

Turnen gas cap tillen it click's helps prevent forest fire's also.