MyFord Touch V3.2

Honestly I don't think you guys are missing much. My phone "works" with the MFT text feature. It was cool testing it out in the parking lot but real world it was pretty much useless. First when it reads back you message it doesn't lower audio volume like nav commands. Then it reads it so fast that you end up missing a word or two since the text to speech engine is not the best. Then if you want to reply it doesn't stay up on your cluster with that option....you have to remember the convoluted voice commands to get it to send a canned text message back. I have had much better results with apps that will read the messages back and send messages based on voice input so I don't have to send a canned response. It is a nice idea just the execution of it isn't all that user friendly.

I received it on the 7th I believe. I think I was the one that informed this forum it was out. If it were possible to undo the install and try the newer released one I would

Just for laughs, I called Ford's Invehicle Tech center and asked what was the issue with the 3.2.2 version that was posted then pulled: I'll spare you the details, the answer was 'unclear'. I give up, one detail: the person even suggested that part of the MFT software was on the Nav card. Amazing how they ask you to fill out a survey following the call. I would be asking my internal Ford support group for lots of details on this issue so I could get a good survey rating, but that's just me.

I asked what were the differences between the pulled version and the official one posted on SyncMyRide: replay previous paragraph.

The only clear message I recall was that I should get an appointment at my dealer so he could reflash my MFT. But the 'early then pulled' version I installed works just fine!

My only concern as others have expressed is the compatibility of the next update with what I have now.

Just for laughs, I called Ford's Invehicle Tech center and asked what was the issue with the 3.2.2 version that was posted then pulled: I'll spare you the details, the answer was 'unclear'. I give up, one detail: the person even suggested that part of the MFT software was on the Nav card. Amazing how they ask you to fill out a survey following the call. I would be asking my internal Ford support group for lots of details on this issue so I could get a good survey rating, but that's just me.

I asked what were the differences between the pulled version and the official one posted on SyncMyRide: replay previous paragraph.

The only clear message I recall was that I should get an appointment at my dealer so he could reflash my MFT. But the 'early then pulled' version I installed works just fine!

My only concern as others have expressed is the compatibility of the next update with what I have now.

Call Microsoft support and ask them technical details about some piece of software that was on their download website and see what kind of answer you get. It's just not something the folks taking calls know (or should know IMO).

Although what they should be able to tell you is what to do if you downloaded the old version before it was pulled and it sounds like they did - go see the dealer to force a reflash to make sure you've got the latest version.

Ok, so is it safe to install 3.2.2 yet? I just went on SMR and the window popped up and said an update for my Gen 2 system was waiting. I haven't updated since I got the blue package in the mail and that one didn't go so well. Had to take my Edge into the dealer to get it fixed and thankfully they did.

It's on the USB stick, but that's as far as I've gone.

Peace,

DM

Same boat here...waiting for more positive feedback. Just find it so strange that some say they had to re-pair the phones and others did not. Most have said the saved data like radio presets and nav favorites stayed but I thought I read at least one report of someone losing that. Wonder what is causing all this variability in installs? Seems like you have a wide range of install times and outcomes. I guess with that said maybe it doesn't matter what other people have experienced since you could just be an unlucky one.

Same boat here...waiting for more positive feedback. Just find it so strange that some say they had to re-pair the phones and others did not. Most have said the saved data like radio presets and nav favorites stayed but I thought I read at least one report of someone losing that. Wonder what is causing all this variability in installs? Seems like you have a wide range of install times and outcomes. I guess with that said maybe it doesn't matter what other people have experienced since you could just be an unlucky one.

I believe the variability of results depends on which flavor of 3.2.2 you downloaded. Mine was a clean (full) install, the one that got pulled a day later; as in WIndows for example, choosing 'clean' versus 'update' will wipe out everything before it installs. So I obviously lost all settings. That also explains the varying install times: mine was 45 min. versus some others at 15-20.

For the record, I still have a fully functional MFT (so far...)

Ok, so is it safe to install 3.2.2 yet? I just went on SMR and the window popped up and said an update for my Gen 2 system was waiting. I haven't updated since I got the blue package in the mail and that one didn't go so well. Had to take my Edge into the dealer to get it fixed and thankfully they did.

It's on the USB stick, but that's as far as I've gone.

Well, I did it and surprisingly it seems to have gone well. It took every bit of 45 minutes and then some. With the price of gas, I look forward to Ford reimbursing us for these idleing sessions in our driveways.

Not all of my previous settings made it. Had to re-pair my phone and adjust a few other small things. So far, everything works. Temp guage is back next to the clock. Phone calls, Bluetooth audio, SMS texts, & Nav seem to all be working fine.

My iPod indexed and works well, BUT, it's clear I've lost cover art which is frustrating. I checked the setting too. Anybody else having this issue?

Not much damage done, but man these things stress me. Time will tell though. As always, YMMV.

Peace,

DM

My iPod indexed and works well, BUT, it's clear I've lost cover art which is frustrating. I checked the setting too. Anybody else having this issue?

I stand corrected. Just restarted my car and the cover art is there along with my backgrounds which I thought were gone.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

A note re the latest update which fixed a minor problem. Remember in the previous version when creating a Nav Favorites the space bar was grayed out? Well, created a new favortie today with spaces in the name and I actually inclded spaces in the name. I know, minor issue, but generated a few threads of concern.

no text messages over bluetooth with iOS6 on iPhone 4, just tested.

Where did you get iOS6? My phone is saying I have the latest with 5.1.1.

I downloaded the update from SMR this morning and did the install. Took about 30 minutes, had to re-pair my phone and reset my Sirius stations, AM/FM stations didn't require it. Everything seems to be working for the moment and I too have my temp back on the center screen. I was hoping they'd fix the massive size text they use for the USB/Bluetooth title for songs or give you an option to auto-scroll the title. Text still large and you manually press the almost invisible arrow to see the rest of the title, then again to move it back.

Edited by Tulsa

torrents

Where did you get iOS6? My phone is saying I have the latest with 5.1.1.

I downloaded the update from SMR this morning and did the install. Took about 30 minutes, had to re-pair my phone and reset my Sirius stations, AM/FM stations didn't require it. Everything seems to be working for the moment and I too have my temp back on the center screen. I was hoping they'd fix the massive size text they use for the USB/Bluetooth title for songs or give you an option to auto-scroll the title. Text still large and you manually press the almost invisible arrow to see the rest of the title, then again to move it back.

from torrents..don't have the link anymore though.

text messaging through mft is stupid anyways unless you have siri. MFT gives you like 12 messages you pick from.

torrents

from torrents..don't have the link anymore though.

text messaging through mft is stupid anyways unless you have siri. MFT gives you like 12 messages you pick from.

Like I mentioned before the text messaging is way over rated. I prefer to use the voice recognition on the phone and have it read the messages and take whatever message I want to respond with. So much easier to use than what Ford implemented. I actually think what they set up is more of a distraction than anything else.

I downloaded the update from the SMR site Sunday, and installed it today in my 2013 which was running 3.0. Update took about 40 minutes and it added the temp to the touch screen which never had it until this update. I had to re-sync my phone. Once during one of the file installs, the little window on the dash said "Navigation fault, please see touchscreen" or something to that effect.

I never saw any thing on the touch screen except the file update as they were being loaded. Once done, everything seems to be working OK. I did not remove my nav card during the update (never even thought about it until about 30 minutes into the update and saw that message).

I was a bit surprised at how long it took. I purchased the Edge in the middle of July and it had the latest updates until this one.