Bigger wheels & TPMS

Hello again all :)

Ok, here's the deal.

I received my new wheels today

post-1289-1189123004_thumb.jpg

They're 20x8.5"

I ordered my tires (after much price comparison and reading user reviews)

TIRES

Check those user reviews if you're in the market!

I've found a place with TPMS straps etc HERE

Great find I think!

As I ended up getting the tires and wheels separately I did not have to purchase new TPMS sensors.

Of course I will have to get the straps.

My question is this:

Do I need to buy the sensor clips and/or cradles as well?

I know I can use the OEM sensors and I know I need the straps but I haven't heard or read any discussion concerning these additional parts.

Any and all ASAP (knowledgeable) replies very much appreciated ;)

Of course all replies welcome.

I went ahead and ordered the additional stuff as well as new sensors in order to leave my original wheels and tires intact (I'll need to edit my post in the Edge Classifieds section now)

I'm having a bear of a time finding where to get all this stuff done.

My dealer can't install my new springs. They say they don't have the compression tool necessary.

NTB and Sears Auto Centers nearby are all ok to do the work but no one has the tool to recalibrate the new sensors.

My dealer says he can recalibrate but asked if I am going to be running the same tire pressure.

What pressure are you guys running in the new tires?

The Ford recommendations are 35 front and rear. It makes NO sense to me to have tires that are loaded with substantially different weight--my AWD model has c. 1290 pounds on each front tire or 37% more than the rears' c. 940 pounds each--inflated to the same pressure. I also feel that the 35 is Ford's concession to soft ride, so I use 37 front and 33 rear, cold.

Great!

I foresee no problems!

All my parts are either here or will be delivered by Friday.

Dropping the car off Friday evening along with the H&R Sport springs, wheels, tires, all new TPMS kit including sensors, straps clips and cradles.

They will be putting the car in the bay overnight.

Install springs, 4-wheel alignment, mounting, balancing, etc.

The alignment ain't cheap but they agreed to knock off 10% because I have to go to Ford to have the new sensors "calibrated".

The 10% is almost twice what Ford is gonna charge so that worked out just fine!

Picking it up on Saturday afternoon/evening.

Here's some before pics...

(forgot the tire shine before the pics <_< )

post-1289-1189457191_thumb.jpgpost-1289-1189457215_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1189457258_thumb.jpgpost-1289-1189457342_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1189457377_thumb.jpgpost-1289-1189457413_thumb.jpg

New wheel pic in my first post ^

OEM wheels and tires w/intact TPMS for sale HERE

Can't wait!! :shades:

The authorities don't require front or back license plates in your neck of the woods?? I can understand front, but it must be hard for the fuzz to get 'cha without a back tag.......

Maybe he doesn't want us to see his license plate.

You know, I never could figure that out. What is the big deal if you see someone else's license plate?

Maybe he doesn't want us to see his license plate.

You know, I never could figure that out. What is the big deal if you see someone else's license plate?

Well when I know I'm about to be picked up AGAIN, for another lineup at the local police department, I usually get my face fuzzed out, so I can't be identified. It's worked every time, and I walk.

• 3 months later...

if you weren't concerned with keeping the stock TPMS system intact..could you just use the ones off the stock wheels and put them on the 22's? I was looking the the site you posted and it said 14" to 26"..so I am just planning on using the stuff I already have. Hopefully that will work..My wheels will be here tomorrow.

if you weren't concerned with keeping the stock TPMS system intact..could you just use the ones off the stock wheels and put them on the 22's? I was looking the the site you posted and it said 14" to 26"..so I am just planning on using the stuff I already have. Hopefully that will work..My wheels will be here tomorrow.

If you aren't planning on re-mounting the stock wheels for winter and keeping the TPS system working, you can use the current sensors.

In order to do so you have to get bigger straps that hold the sensors around the inside of the wheel.

I got my 20" straps from my Ford dealer.

• 1 year later...
Hello again all :)

Ok, here's the deal.

I received my new wheels today

post-1289-1189123004_thumb.jpg

They're 20x8.5"

I ordered my tires (after much price comparison and reading user reviews)

TIRES

Check those user reviews if you're in the market!

I've found a place with TPMS straps etc HERE

Great find I think!

As I ended up getting the tires and wheels separately I did not have to purchase new TPMS sensors.

Of course I will have to get the straps.

My question is this:

Do I need to buy the sensor clips and/or cradles as well?

I know I can use the OEM sensors and I know I need the straps but I haven't heard or read any discussion concerning these additional parts.

Any and all ASAP (knowledgeable) replies very much appreciated ;)

Of course all replies welcome.

Did you just order the straps and did they fit okay? All other TPMS parts were reusable? I am have a difficult time having this done because I do not want to pay $50 plus for the strap kit from Ford.

I went ahead and ordered the additional stuff as well as new sensors in order to leave my original wheels and tires intact (I'll need to edit my post in the Edge Classifieds section now)

I'm having a bear of a time finding where to get all this stuff done.

My dealer can't install my new springs. They say they don't have the compression tool necessary.

NTB and Sears Auto Centers nearby are all ok to do the work but no one has the tool to recalibrate the new sensors.

My dealer says he can recalibrate but asked if I am going to be running the same tire pressure.

What dealer doesn't have a spring compressor ??? :headscratch: