BAMR

Okay so I love my BAMR in my edge, I never even close the shade cause whats the point? Plus I'm 6'5" and I feel kinda claustrophobic when its closed :hide: The only thing I don't like about it is how much sun it lets in my car....All my other windows are tinted and keep it a little cooler but I'm considering tinting the BAMR too....I was wondering if anyone has done this and how they felt about their decision afterwards. Thanks!

I thought about it too but wasn't sure if I wanted to cut down on the light transmission or just the heat. There are a few films out there that will do a minimal decrease in visible light but cut most of the heat. I was thinking about this route since the extra light is nice especially in the spring when things are just starting to warm up. Kind of puts me in a better mood.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided not to until next spring. I want to get all the sunlight possible into my car during the cold winter months! Then once it warms up again ill tint it. I've been using reflective tint on all my windows btw and they said it would be around $60 to do the BAMR (thats an estimate without looking at it) so a pretty inexpensive but worthwhile task. Will post again in the spring!

That sounds like a good idea to go one more winter with more heat from the sun. I prob would if I lived up there. Funny thing is I don't use my sun/moonroof shade hardly at all. Maybe I'll use it here and there during the winter for the quick heat but in the summer it just makes me feel hot and I can see my bald head better in the rearview. That damn mirror. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time.

• Like 1

That sounds like a good idea to go one more winter with more heat from the sun. I prob would if I lived up there. Funny thing is I don't use my sun/moonroof shade hardly at all. Maybe I'll use it here and there during the winter for the quick heat but in the summer it just makes me feel hot and I can see my bald head better in the rearview. That damn mirror. It's a blessing and a curse at the same time.

I never have the shade closed....I love to have the light come in either day or night (as long as its not burning me!) and again I'm 6'5" so that shade closed makes me feel too big for the car even more than I already do! Glad you agree on my decision to hold off one more winter, just makes sense to me. And it will pay off in the end when it keeps me a little cooler in the summer and I hope to give this to my girlfriend in a few years, hopefully we're somewhere warmer by then! :worship:

• 2 weeks later...