350 miles and dead

silentjay1980

So I was driving to work this morning and the engine cut out on me. Pulled over and called roadside. We got to the dealership, ( a place im spending way too much time at between this new vehicel and my fiesta) and they pulled in in. 2 hours later and they still had no idea. I took the courtesy rental and left. They just called and said they need to replace the throttle body! Thats a massive job at only 350 miles isnt it? I dont know what to do, my gut says jump up and down and demand a new vehicle, my brain says thats not going to happen. I havent had this edge for a full week and the keys went bad and now this. :rant2:

Sorry to hear you are having such and issue but changing the throttle body isn't that big a job. Also on the plus side it seems this is the actual fix for what several hear have complained about with the vehicle stalling or losing power. Some of those people got the run around and had to make several visits to get it fixed correctly. So while I don't discount this stinks at least it should be fixed and the work they have to do is extremely unlikely to cause any other issues in the process. Chances of getting a new vehicle are just about 0 but if you are having so many issues early on I would suggest you make sure everything is documented and contact Ford. They might be able to help you out. I have heard of them offering extended warranties like they did for MFT owners.

Electronic parts have a high infant mortality rate - meaning if they're going to fail, they usually fail early. So don't sweat it, a couple early problems are not indicative of how the vehicle is going to perform in the long term.

And I will concur that replacing the throttle body is not that hard and is almost certain to fix your problem for good.

Just got a call from the service department. He said that they repalced the throttle body and it was still acting up. He also said they reset the computer. He wants to have the tech drive it some more to see if it acts up again. I wonder if this is heading down the same road as this thread:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/10683-engine-cut-out-on-me/page__p__84065__hl__+throttle%20+body&do=findComment&comment=84065