Different color emblems?

KingMike

Howdy all,

I'm looking for different color front emblems. I love Ford and I am proud that I have one so I want to keep the original Ford OEM emblem but I want everything in chrome on the emblem changed to red, and everything in blue changed to black. I'd rather not do an overlay, but I will if the qu is good and as a last resort. Also a problem with that is finding an Edge sized emblem....

I've had no luck on eBay.

Does anyone know a website that sells Edge sized multi color OEM Emblems?

Edited by KingMike

The website listed in that link is awesome....I'm currently in the process of getting overlays from him. I know you said overlays would be your last resort but look at the gallery of the work this guy has done....you can't even tell its just an overlay and the work is awesome! and at a pretty fair price too! Hope you find what you're looking for. Oh and he will also send you pictures of what your design will look like before you purchase!

Well I wanted everything that is chrome, red. Ford & the circle around the outter part of the oval. And everything that is blue, black.

I just called the Ford I bought my edge sport from and they told me they don't do that but they gave me the number to their body shop that they use around the corner, I actually just got off the phone with the guy a minute ago, he said with all the taping that would have to be done to paint it he doesn't think that it'll come out right.... Maybe they just don't want to do it? Or they don't think they can do it? I dunno....

I'll deffly post the finished product.

Well I wanted everything that is chrome, red. Ford & the circle around the outter part of the oval. And everything that is blue, black.

I just called the Ford I bought my edge sport from and they told me they don't do that but they gave me the number to their body shop that they use around the corner, I actually just got off the phone with the guy a minute ago, he said with all the taping that would have to be done to paint it he doesn't think that it'll come out right.... Maybe they just don't want to do it? Or they don't think they can do it? I dunno....

This thread should help you out...someone did somewhat similar to what you want to do...minus the red lettering. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/10997-sport-grille-emblemchrome-surround-blackout-pics/

Hey mike,

He is designing my overlays now but he just posted a pic of one he did and I think its exactly what you want to do....take a look (sorry I can't resize this from the website)

I just ordered a couple overlays from Glass Elephant designs... http://glass-elephant.pullfolio.com .... Easy process. Send a contact form, he will get back to you shortly and can get you a mock draft of your product in a day or two depending on complexity. I ordered front,back, and steering wheel overlays for my edge (gloss black with matte black Ford) and a front and back steelers logo overlays for my dad's 2010 F-150. The mock drafts looked great and he's shipping them within two days of order!! I suggest this guy to anyone who wants to change up the look of their edge without it being completely permanent in case of dislike or sell value. I'll post pictures of both when I get them on later this week

Very nice!

I didn't get a response from them yet but since I apparently have to go with an overlay no matter what, I went with DNB Graphics. I made an impulse buy and they had a carbon fiber design with red ford letter... I got them Thursday... Stared at them... Then sent them back for the plain black with red lettering... I didn like the carbon fiber background because it would look stupid, nothing carbon fiber or gray on my truck..

They have gel overlays though, very nice. Can't wait for my new ones to come in.

I have a pic of the ones I returned but I'm on my phone typing this now so I can't post them yet :(

Got my overlays installed.....Still have to install the steelers overlays on my dad's 2010 F-150 and will post those pics later. Again these are from Glass Elephant Designs (no relation to them, just a happy customer)

Here are mine, opposite colors of yours, matte black background with gloss letters. I'm happy with them

post-23690-0-10885500-1349561023_thumb.jpg

post-23690-0-50871400-1349561036_thumb.jpg

post-23690-0-46229300-1349561058_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good looking emblems! I'm sure you can agree with me when saying that the installation is quick and easy, a great solution to wanting personalized emblems. Also, great choice on getting new ones after the carbon fiber ones. Didn't look too bad on paper but would have been a different story on the car. Looks great!

Yeah, there is nothing gray on the outside of the car, or even carbon fiber for that matter, so it would have looked stupid. Plus... The picture does it a lotttt of justice. If it looked as good in person as it did on the picture, I'd consider using them lol.

Thanks, I like them, I've been wanting them a long time... The blue on a red truck just makes it lose style points big time.

And yes, very easy. I had to unpeal a few times to get it centered perfect, getting it to fit perfect was the toughest part. Very, very easy though.

Now to do the chrome strip at the top of the grill in my 3M Vinyl =D