Different color emblems?

KingMike

Yeah I sen yours, looks great.

I still don't understand why ford doesn't offer color matching emblems.... Would be great. They could even charge $50 or something and make a ton on it.

Oh wellz

Ask Chase bank to do their logo in green. Ask Chevrolet to do theirs in blue. Ask apple to do theirs in gold. Let me know how it goes.

If you're ordering an entire vehicle, and they produce the entire car, the emblem wouldn't be that big of a stretch... They're already painting it blue.... Why not another color? People do it/try to do it constantly. It'd be a very popular option.

If they charge $50 to paint it, and if 20 million people get that option per year that's a billion dollars a year just in emblem colors

Edited by KingMike

Ask Chase bank to do their logo in green. Ask Chevrolet to do theirs in blue. Ask apple to do theirs in gold. Let me know how it goes.

I agree with both you and KingMike....a lot of ppl would love the option to change the colors and I think it should be an option lets say if you buy the limited, sport models or the appearance package. Chase would not make money with the logo so who cares, chevy definitely could since I see a lot of ppl change it to black, and apple could make a hell of a lot of money personalizing the colors of laptops! everyone does it anyways but would love the ease and security of having the actual maker do it for them. I agree it would be annoying to do for a lot of orders but would be profitable if they limit it to certain options on cars, computers, etc.

Yeah, i love how my overlays came out but when you get right up on it you can still see a tiny bit of blue, plus people could just peel them right off... i would have got the option for custom color emblems added to my finance for $200 juat for it to be a factory perfect emblem. Dells multi color laptop selection is one of the few things keeping them afloat right now. People buy them just because they'd have a pink or red or whatever color laptop to spite them being such a shitty brand compared to almost all of their competitors.

Plus I'm sure if ford did it Chevy, dodge, Honda, Toyota would follow suit soon or a later.

I agree with both you and KingMike....a lot of ppl would love the option to change the colors and I think it should be an option lets say if you buy the limited, sport models or the appearance package. Chase would not make money with the logo so who cares, chevy definitely could since I see a lot of ppl change it to black, and apple could make a hell of a lot of money personalizing the colors of laptops! everyone does it anyways but would love the ease and security of having the actual maker do it for them. I agree it would be annoying to do for a lot of orders but would be profitable if they limit it to certain options on cars, computers, etc.

Annoying? True.

Shows Ford sold 7 Million cars worldwide in 2011. That number has already grown for 2012. If they charge $100 to paint the emblem color and 3.5million (half of the Ford buyers) choose this option, thats $350 million per year. But now say all of us and everyone else say wow, Ford is selling differen't color emblems, now we can order them from Ford! Say another 3.5million around the world order, that's 700 million off of just coloring emblems. That's like selling 55,000 Ford Fiesta's...

I'd be up for it if I were them.

• 3 weeks later...

"That’s it your done!. You’ve just saved at least 80 dollars by making your own custom ford logos!"

HAHAHAH.. I'd rather pay the $80 ... this looks like a PITA (Pain in the ...)

RE:

Its only due time when auto manufactures catch up to the marketability and profits capable to custom, personality items...

Scion (AKA Toyota) was one of the first to come out with mods (performance or cosmetic) and still be factory options.

I agree with both @KingMike & @cmillz1331 it's due time when they decide to do it. It only takes one meeting with the right people.

sounds like @Dingo is part of the resistance! lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I got carbon fiber emblem gel overlays... (Below) Thought they were cool online, order them, got them, didn't like them, returned them. The ones I wanted finally came in and I am thrilled.

attachicon.gifIMG_3063.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3143.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3142.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3141.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3140.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3144.JPG

what size did you order and how long did it take? I did not see an option for edge, just explorer. I may have looked over it, will you provide a link?

Thanks

• 5 months later...

In deed they do

Holy thread revival...

Hey, KingMike...you ordered your emblems from DMB, correct? I had ordered (and applied) the overlays from Glass Elephant, but I inadvertently struck the open garage door with the open hatch, so I screwed my overlay up. Add to that, i could not get the steering wheel overlay to work correctly, so i ended up screwing it all up and tossing it out.

What size did you order from DMB? They don't show an Edge in the listings. Also, would you happen to know if the badges for the 2008 and 2011 are the same size?

• 4 weeks later...

Looks really good there KingMike. I have the exact same Sport as you, and I was just talking about that tonight with the wife. I typically do badge deletes on all my cars, but there is no good way to delete the oval. Changing it to red and black matches our Sports color pretty good from the looks. How do the decals hold up for you? There's a guy on ebay with base/cleared ones for $40 each. I'm just wondering how well the decal will weather.

Holy thread revival...

Hey, KingMike...you ordered your emblems from DMB, correct? I had ordered (and applied) the overlays from Glass Elephant, but I inadvertently struck the open garage door with the open hatch, so I screwed my overlay up. Add to that, i could not get the steering wheel overlay to work correctly, so i ended up screwing it all up and tossing it out.

What size did you order from DMB? They don't show an Edge in the listings. Also, would you happen to know if the badges for the 2008 and 2011 are the same size?

Ey bud. Sorry for the delayed response, life has been going crazy for me lately :drool:

I believe I did the Explorer. Same size. But yes they do seem to be a TINYYYYYYYY bit off. May I suggest something? (This will also answer stang99x's question) It also kills 2 birds with one stone.

The 3mm tape I got to go over the chrome strip between the grille and the hood, you get a TON of left over tape. I am actually going to remove my red & black Ford overlays and order new ones (so I don't ruin the stickiness). I am a bit OCD so it kills me seeing that LITTTTTLE bit of blue, so I am going to cut the 3mm tape I have left over and put it over the Ford ovals before I re-badge them so there will be no blue what so ever and any little corners and spots the emblem don't cover, will be black anyway.

After about umm... How long has this post been open for? Almost a year now? They are still on there. The front emblem though is coming up a bit so I may put some gorilla glue something on the back of new one before I put re-badge, since it the glue won't be on the actual car, just the 3mm tape I'm going to be putting over the emblem.

• 6 months later...