Dr Color Chip

JOEHIO

Ordered Dr Color Chip for my wife's cinnamon MKS, got it in the mail yesterday. I have to admit, it works pretty darn good. You dab a bit of paint on the spot (perfect color match), smear it with your thumb (glove provides),wait at least 2 minutes (I waited 5), and wipe excess off with the sealact solution provided, and then buff with provided cloth. It will take at least 2-3 coats of paint, but it filled in the chips nicely. She had a few chips on the front bumper, about 6 or 7 on the hood, and even one on the roof. I swear, I think she drives behind trucks filled with small rocks. In m opinion, it looks better than using brush on paint from the dealer, and you don't get that glob of paint look. Not cheap, but well worth it, as far as I'm concerned. :hyper:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this. I got a chip that looked pretty bad at first and after some quality clear coat product magic I ended up with two pin not pen tipped size chips in the paint on the front hood edge. I was wondering if Dr. Color Chip was worth owning. Thanks again!

Incidentally, what kind of Doctor is he? ob/gyn since he fills in holes? Just curious. ;)

Edited by Cdpratt69

Used this to clean up the front of my wifes ES350 before we traded it for the Explorer. I wish I had taken before and afters! It was fantastic, how well it worked. It certainly helped that we traded the car in, in the rain....But the front end looked great without 100+ chips. I really should order some more now that we have two Fords the same color.

• 7 months later...