2009 Chevy Traverse Photo Leaked

Oops - the Pacer does have it's own forum! I guess there is a forum for everything! :yup:

My dad had an Orange AMC Hornet station wagon with plaid seats. Please tell me there isn't a forum for THAT chick magnet.

The other choice was a milk chocolate 4 door maverick with vinyl seats.

At least I know nobody ever dated me for the car.

Edit - Oh my. There's actually more than one! Picture this in Orange:

76Sprtabout.jpg

Edited by akirby

Man, I remember maybe the spring of '72, or maybe it was in '70. But I needed a car. Now I had my heart set on a Chevy Nova, Maybe would have bought a Ford Fairlane I think. But got a Dodge Coronet440. I was looking in brochures of a Gremlin with the Levi interior.. Even had fun with a friend and his Silver/black Vega. Somewhere around that time, I see a teacher of mine driving a Pacer, with that humongous rear window made to bake eggs/people inside the car. Today I see the rear end of a AMC Matador in some GM's. None of those cars were near as bad, as seeing today, an Aztec on the road. And to this day, to have sat and read where GM management would try to deflect criticism til the last day those were sold. Thing's like that can hurt a car company more than any quality reputation in my mind.

Thanks for memory lane.

1978 Pinto Wagon

1978 Pinto...straight from the factory...with that big 2.3L 4 banger....a chick magnet, for sure.....

Mine was much cooler than that. No porthole. Plain station wagon. Back seats folded down, close the curtains...

That was the thing in SoCal for a few years. And I will say, I did have one of the nicer ones around.