Is there any way of entering an alphabetical character in wifi password?

Just got the latest 3.5.1 update installed (dealer termed it a RECALL). When I try to input the password for my home wifi network which consists of numbers and letters I discover I am unable to enter anything other than numbers because the other keyboards are completely ghosted. Anyone else see this?

As a result of your observation, I looked and also found that same condition existing in my MKX running a self-installed V3.5.1 Build 12285 Rev3 update.

The active numeric keypad is presented as the default input method, however, selecting the alpha keypad results in all alpha keys being greyed-out and non-fuctional, as you describe.

Additionally, returning to the numeric keypad after selecting the alpha keypad causes the numeric keypad to be greyed-out and non-functional. Exiting from the password input screen and re-selecting the password input function restores the functionality of the numeric keypad, but the alpha keypad is totally non-fuctional.

agreed same result. And in the grands scheme of things- a wifi option that really does nothing & now is corrupted. Great. Can't download updates, can't browse web, there aren't supported USB dongels to give kids in back seat wifi access like the older commercials. Many over at the ford sync forum mentioned as well. The mod over there is newer- Nick- & is a 3rd part contractor. He is not Ford employee & does not have access to a ford vehicle. He can only summarize the high activity & send an emails to ford & hope for a reply. SO our changes of getting any kind of helpful feedback has become very slim.

Just got the latest 3.5.1 update installed (dealer termed it a RECALL). When I try to input the password for my home wifi network which consists of numbers and letters I discover I am unable to enter anything other than numbers because the other keyboards are completely ghosted. Anyone else see this?

Mine is all numeric, so I was able to enter mine, but what good does it do? What can you do on wifi?

Mine is all numeric, so I was able to enter mine, but what good does it do? What can you do on wifi?

Good question, I just wanted to experiment with it. See if there was just the tiniest bit of useful functionality there. I guess I just leave that to my imagination.

Cool - some one(s) confirmed my observation albeit in a different thread. Here a are few other observations related to this.

1) Note when you first get to the pass code entry screen the lights that are going to light up when you press them for the kybd are already "glowing" but not lit.

2) you start off in numeric input, switch to the "ghosted" keyboard and then back to the numeric keypad, its not ghosted and not available.

3) Buttons now have "glow" on the last button pressed, but not "lit".

Besides this I'm now having BT/phone connection issues that I never had before.

Does anyone know if we can go back to 3.2.2 ?