Blacked out MKX with Plasti-DIp

Definitely looks meaner. I love how the front and door-side chrome pieces turned out. Not such a huge fan on the wheels for such a classy car, turned out nice. I'd agree with c_bova, though. If you're gonna keep some chrome in the lights, bring back the nice chrome in those wheels! Nahh, I've thought I've tinting my tails and decided against it. The covers get too black and I don't trust myself with paint.

Side thought: We should get a little brow done on our cars. The tint job looks incomplete without it. I used to think they looked tacky, but if it's not too big... Just a thought.

I really like it. Keep the front end as is. I love the contrast of the chrome lights and emblem. A couple of items I would have done (just my personal taste):

- kept the emblem chrome on the rear door

- very light tint on rear lights and reflector strip.

- I like black wheels, but with some accent chrome of some kind like the inner walls of the spokes.. your wheel style doesn't lend themselves to that though.

These are just things I thought of after spending time examining the photos. If I saw your ride on the street, I would have never noticed or thought about any of this and just that it looked SICK! :-)

Thanks for the positive comments! I also like the front and will leave the headlights the way they are. I am thinking now of either tinting the tail-lights or covering the chrome up, I will have to play and see. Emblem on rear I will have to play with that too. I kind of covered them all up because I wanted ppl to be like what the.... was that??

Brow meaning the windshield strip? My whole windshield is tinted lol.

Looking back, I can tell now. LOL It's hard to see in that first pic. What's your front tinted at? I've been considering it. Any issues?

edit: That blacked out chrome on the back looks fantastic!

Edited by wannabang

Hey guys sorry been busy to answer questions:

the64game-I believe its Tux Black, and I just tapped around the chrome. Only part I removed to plasti-dip was the passenger door handle cover (prob should of pulled all of em since they will be touched alot) its holding so far.

Wannabang-Windshield is tinted a very light tint, I wanna say its like 50 or 35. I have HIDs so I can see good at night. Only issue is when I go to the drive in theater makes the screen a little hard to see.

KC300C-thanks for the compliments and the idea to do the chrome strip!

I also took the car through the power wash and it came out all good. Very happy with the paint!