Ford offering OpenXC Platform to developers & DIY-ers

Haz

• 2 months later...

Sorry no input here, only an observation. Just got home from the New York international auto show at the javits center and I must say driving home and using MFT left me feeling empty. After seeing demos and using systems from Lexus, Mercedes, Chevy, Mazda, I think MFT falls squarely in last place. I don't understand how this happened because Ford seemed so far ahead of the pack?! Now it seems that everyone late to the party brought better systems. The Lexus system stands out in my mind, but Dodge/Chrysler is pretty nice as well. Oh well... guess I have more incentive to make a mount for the new nexus 7 tablet from Google that will be out by memorial day.

I have been wanting to make a mount for ipad mini/nexus 7 for quite sometime now. As time goes by, I get more and more disappointed with MFT and I actually like it and can get past the little flaws. The thing that bugs me the most is Navigation in Europe and playing music, both of which a 7" tablet can do very well. I need to find a fiberglass kit...