Post HID Install Questions

I just completed my install of a DDM 35W HID kit (9006.5000K) and have a few questions. They look white from outside the vehicle, but they do show a bit blue in from the driver's seat. On my first drive this evening, four on-coming drivers flashed their brights at me (10p in heavy rain). I checked alignment pre and post drive, and everything was exactly in line with stock.

Does this seem normal? I am concerned that they may be too bright for on-coming traffic.

Any advice, suggestions or comments?

Thanks,

Mitch

Ps: Thanks to kc300c for the step-by-step video. It was very helpful.

Here's the link:

I just completed my install of a DDM 35W HID kit (9006.5000K) and have a few questions. They look white from outside the vehicle, but they do show a bit blue in from the driver's seat. On my first drive this evening, four on-coming drivers flashed their brights at me (10p in heavy rain). I checked alignment pre and post drive, and everything was exactly in line with stock. Does this seem normal? I am concerned that they may be too bright for on-coming traffic.[/url]

I had the same blueish hue from my ddm 5k bulbs and hated it. I Went with morimoto 5k's bulbs keeping the ddm ballast. No blue hue what so ever. A nice crisp white.

As far as alignment, you can always lower them a bit if on coming traffic keeps flashing at you just my .02 cents

55W you'll need a wiring harness (to take the increased load off the factory, smaller gauge wiring). 35W you can do without, which simplifies the install.

Having said that, some will still recommend a harness for either application (but you will see plenty of members running 35W with no harness and zero issues).

6K will be more of a blue/white color. You sure you want to go with that? 55W will be be brighter and provide a whiter hue in the 6K bulb, whereas 35W will definitely be more blue.

I personally wouldn't go higher than 5K.

Edited by candurin

55W you'll need a wiring harness (to take the increased load off the factory, smaller gauge wiring). 35W you can do without, which simplifies the install.

Having said that, some will still recommend a harness for either application (but you will see plenty of members running 35W with no harness and zero issues).

6K will be more of a blue/white color. You sure you want to go with that? 55W will be be brighter and provide a whiter hue in the 6K bulb, whereas 35W will definitely be more blue.

I personally wouldn't go higher than 5K.

I have 8k in my f150 but want something with just a touch of blue so thats what I was thinking 6k. With my 06 f150 I needed a harness because the lights were flickering so I might get the harness just so I dont run into the same problems since im looking to do the fog lights also. What would you recommednd the 55w or 35w? Is there that much of a diference and what do regulare HIDs com 35w or 55w? Also how are the quality of the DDM tuning HIDs?