I'm looking to do some DDM tuning HIDs I'm my 2010 Edge Sport for the heads n fogs and have a few questions. I will be doing 6000k and was wondering should I do the 35w or 55w? Also what's the difference between the 2 besides the wattage and what watt is the standard HID? Next will I need a relay? I have HIDs I'm my 06 f150 and ended up needing a relay because of the auto on headlights.

You shouldnt need a relay, but make sure you use a decent (beefy) wire harness with a 55W setup (to take the strain off the factory wiring).

35W will give you a blue color with 6K (a true 6K look) and 55W will be brighter, but will also wash out some of the blue (making it look ~ 5200K in color).

I wouldn't recommend the 6K as you will lose quite a bit of light output (as opposed to 4300K or 5000K), ESPECIALLY if the roads are wet. Standard HID (OEM) is 4300K and usually 35W.

If you do go with a 55W setup (which is roughly 20% brighter than 35W), please consider a TRS kit or if you do go with DDM, get a TRS or much better brand harness (DDM's 55W harness SUCK. My 55W DDM harness melted after 1 month. I went to TRS and have had ZERO issues since.

Hids may not work well in the 2010 and below halogen reflectors. If you end up with a horrible beam pattern or ya keep getting flashed there are a few halogen bulb options that work awesome with the older Edges. In my opinion, my 2010 with upgraded halogen bulbs put out more and better light then my 2011 with HIDs.

As soemone who just installed a HID kit, I wouldn't recommend the 6000k color either. Mine is an '11 with the projectors, but I'm not happy with the output and it is too blue for my liking. Not like the picures I saw online.

I just installed yeterday and have already ordered new 5000k bulbs! If that doesn't work I'm going to switch to DDM.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RustyEdge" data-cid="90854" data-time="1358782973"><p>

As soemone who just installed a HID kit, I wouldn't recommend the 6000k color either. Mine is an '11 with the projectors, but I'm not happy with the output and it is too blue for my liking. Not like the picures I saw online.<br />

<br />

I just installed yeterday and have already ordered new 5000k bulbs! If that doesn't work I'm going to switch to DDM.</p></blockquote>

Do you have pics of you 6000k HIDs or could you post pics in here and did you do the 35w or 55w?

Hey MikeyDubs, sorry I just saw your post now. I don't have a pic yet, but I'll post one in the next day or so. I went with 35w for now, think the 55w would have a better output for the 6k bulbs.

I should have my 5k bulbs in the next few days and I'll let you know how it works out. If I still don't like it I'm gonna go with a DDM 55w 5k kit since that's what a lot of people here seem more than happy with.

The stock fog lights are halogen. Halogens are typically 3200K in color having quite a bit of yellow in the light. 4000K - 4300K is the color of most factory OEM HID headlights. In order for the headlights to match the fogs you will need to change the bulbs in the fogs. There are three options. A Sylvania Silverstar type bulb, LED replacement bulb or an HID kit. Just be sure to get the same color temp as the headlights.

Edited by kc300c

The stock fog lights are halogen. Halogens are typically 3200K in color having quite a bit of yellow in the light. 4000K - 4300K is the color of most factory OEM HID headlights. In order for the headlights to match the fogs you will need to change the bulbs in the fogs. There are three options. A Sylvania Silverstar type bulb, LED replacement bulb or an HID kit. Just be sure to get the same color temp as the headlights.

Ok thanks! I was actually trying to PM you before to ask you how you about you DDM tuning HIDs but I dont have enough post to PM anyone yet. But anyway how do you like you HIDs from DDM and are you still running the 6K? If so how do you like the 6k? Last if you can post some pics also that would be great!!

MDubs, please don't go with 6k bulbs. They are way too blue and you will lose a LOT of light output.

In fact, kc300c removed his 6k bulbs soon after he installed them. He is using 5k bulbs now, if I remember.

Stick with 4300 or 5000k for max output/brightness. You will have sh!t vision in rain with 6k bulbs.

Edited by candurin

No problem wannabang. Candurin's right, 6Ks were too blue so switched to 5K. I'm actually going to be switching out the 5Ks for 4300Ks in the near future. The DDM 5Ks still have a very slight blue at the outside edges of the light beam. I'm certain the 4300Ks won't have anything. For $40.00, my DDMs work just fine for me. Had to get the harness / relay to get the lights to stop flickering and the RH bulb won't come on when I am using the auto-on headlights. I never use the auto-on anyway because I want to keep my Vertical LED Running Lights alone and on full brightness later into dusk.

Great thanks cellbine!! I'll be doing the 5k!! Do they have a tiny bit of blue in them? Also did you use any coupon for free shipping or anything from DDM? I'm going to order 2 sets of HIDs in the next week or 2 but DDM wants $20 shipping and I was just seeing if there was a coupon or anything you might of used. .