The Ying and Yang of my Edge.

Tacyon

I've had my Edge now for about 5 months and I'm getting to know her like I did my wife, by spending time together 45 minutes in the am and then again in the PM.

Some things that I've noticed that are complete opposites of each other and at times frustrating....

1) When I get into the driver's seat, one out of twenty times, it forgets who I am and plasters me to the steering wheel. I don't like the taste of steering wheel. I've set, reset, and did it again numerous times to no avail. (things that bug me)

2) This is cool. When you press the bug juice squirter and the wipers go back and forth doing their job. What is the next thing must of you do? About 30 seconds later you manually make the wipers take one or two more passes to catch the remaining bug juice slipping down the window. Someone at Ford had their thinking cap on that that day in design class. Try that on your Edge .. it does it automatically ! 3 sweeps - waits about 10 seconds and takes another swipe ! THAT is thinking outside the box and taking it to the next level ! (things that amaze me)

These are just two of my examples. Tell us yours !

It's called a courtesy wipe.... it's a feature you can turn on or off with the instrument cluster settings or using the IDS

That's a new one I haven't heard about. Just last week I found the way to read the remaining oil life number and how to set the standard/enhanced setting for the trip and fuel readings. A member had replied to my question and included a picture of how to find it.

I'll definitely look for this wiper setting. The only setting I remember is to turn the rain sensor on or off. I knew you can do a "courtesy wipe" by using the stalk on the steering column, but didn't know there's a setting for it.

Thanks

That seat memory thing also happens in my MKX.

The courtesy wipe, I first saw it in a 2007 Toyota Avalon. The faster you were driving, the earlier the wipe came until you would reach a speed were it would not come anymore.

Speaking of wipers, another nice feature is the reverse wipe. If you your front wipers on, as soon as you reverse, the rear wipers makes a wipe (even when they are off). A feature that is also controlled via the left screen settings.

That seat memory thing also happens in my MKX.

The courtesy wipe, I first saw it in a 2007 Toyota Avalon. The faster you were driving, the earlier the wipe came until you would reach a speed were it would not come anymore.

Speaking of wipers, another nice feature is the reverse wipe. If you your front wipers on, as soon as you reverse, the rear wipers makes a wipe (even when they are off). A feature that is also controlled via the left screen settings.

Just finished washing the Edge and had a few minutes to check out the additional features I just learned about. I found the courtesy wipe option and enabled that. I also found the reverse wipe setting and enabled that one. The other day I enabled the enhanced trip/fuel settings and found the OLM reading to see my current oil life percentage.

I also found the memory menu setting so that now when I switch between the display, fuel, and trip readouts I don't have to go through any additional menus. The last one I looked at is always there with no further steps needed.

Not bad for having owned the car for almost 7 months and putting 10000 miles on it. I guess with all these features and options I might never learn ALL of the little tricks and secrets! :drop:

Now I just need to figure out how to add back lighting to the tailgate close button. The interior lights are not in a good position to light up that area and I've usually got a box or two blocking those lights. In the dark, I have trouble finding the button to push to close the tailgate.

1) When I get into the driver's seat, one out of twenty times, it forgets who I am and plasters me to the steering wheel. I don't like the taste of steering wheel. I've set, reset, and did it again numerous times to no avail. (things that bug me)

Have you programmed your key to your memory? I could be doing that because you grab the second key. I took this from the manual, pg. 134:

Memory feature (seat and mirrors) (if equipped)

Programming the memory feature to the transmitter:

To activate this feature:

1. Move the driver seat and power mirrors to the desired positions using the associated controls.

2. Press and hold button 1 for five seconds. A tone will be heard after about two seconds confirming memory position has been set. Continue to hold until a second tone is heard after five seconds.

3. Within three seconds press Lock. (on your transmitter)

-----------------------------------

Ah the courtesy wipe, one of the first things I disabled on my Edge. I got really annoyed that it would clean my already clean windshield and then leave streak marks on it from the window being dry. LOL