To Touch or not to Touch, what's say you?

So I'm in the process of narrowing down several '13 SEL's, I'm open to your opinions of the pros and cons of the MFT vs the non touch. The non-touch sync models are packaged with a rear view cam as well. I'm not considering navigation since I have a smart phone.

EDIT: I'm assuming with the non-touch sync, that full BT functionality is avail, ie, phone(duh), A2DP(media audio streaming), text reading?

Thanks

Edited by txken

I've had my Edge with MFT for 4 months and have been quite pleased. The MFT has behaved perfectly. Sure there are some quirky features that I wouldn't have designed that way, but I can say that about most of the tech products I have. If I had to choose again, I'd still go for the MFT.

By the way, I don't have the navigation option, I still would not opt for that in the future either. Dedicated GPS or smartphone options still win out over MFT version in my opinion.

Definitely get MFT again. Yes, suffered through a few problems, but overall like the system. I own Nav too and yes, I'd get Nav again.

IMO, Ford's MFT light years ahead of the others. I still don't understand the joystick crowd. I found it in German cars and a Lexus RX 350 when I went to the autoshow. They use a joystick to move between options and screens. Also, I like the big screen used by Ford vs the smaller screens shipped in many cars.

I like MFT. Granted I am only a few weeks into my ownership and haven't yet had to face any problems (touch wood), but the functionality is superb.

I don't have Nav because between a road atlas and a good sense of direction, I never get lost anyway. YMMV.

But MFT is pretty solid. I certainly wouldn't shy away from it.

Why do y'all want to make me spend more money?!?!?

Looks like the 205a package in an SEL will be the way I'll be going. The nav I'm still not sold on, as Google Search has treated me well so far.

I appreciate everyone's response/opinions

If you don't mind a separate device or piece of paper and you don't want the integrated nav features (voice control e.g.) then you can save about $800. We've had it in the wife's vehicles for the last 10 years. I just got it in mine after not having it and using my phone and it's SOOO much easier having it built in.