Official 2013 Edge & MKX Owners' Lounge

OnlySkillz

• 1 month later...
Well, it's about time... The 2013 model has been around for almost a year. Finally, I don't have to wade through all the posts on previous model years to find topics specific to my car. Thanks!

To be honest these things haven't changed much since the 2011 MY mid cycle enhancement. Most issues that apply to the 13s also apply to the 11s and 12s so I'm not sure what the point of a 2013 Owners Lounge would be.

• 3 weeks later...

Love My 13 Edge Sport....

Don't want to beat up the MFT but........

I have had Sync with Nav in my vehicles since it came out. Am I the only one with this frustrating glitch in the software.

You ask for a POI or previous destination or whatever.. when the info is displayed she gives abosolutely no time to respond. "please choose a line number". I look at the screen which lags anyway and within 2 seconds she is requesting/talking/requesting/talking..."please choose...please choose.......please choose". Finally she determines that the road noise or a foreign sound she heard means an answer and she chooses for me. My wife and I try to be quiet and stop the car but she still will not wait.

Does anyone know if the system can be paused. It should be simple....she displays the info...I push the voice button once....she pauses until I push the button again to give my answer. I have posted on the Sync Forum many times and it disappears quickly.

Am I the only one with this frustrating issue???

Love My 13 Edge Sport....

Don't want to beat up the MFT but........

I have had Sync with Nav in my vehicles since it came out. Am I the only one with this frustrating glitch in the software.

You ask for a POI or previous destination or whatever.. when the info is displayed she gives abosolutely no time to respond. "please choose a line number". I look at the screen which lags anyway and within 2 seconds she is requesting/talking/requesting/talking..."please choose...please choose.......please choose". Finally she determines that the road noise or a foreign sound she heard means an answer and she chooses for me. My wife and I try to be quiet and stop the car but she still will not wait.

Does anyone know if the system can be paused. It should be simple....she displays the info...I push the voice button once....she pauses until I push the button again to give my answer. I have posted on the Sync Forum many times and it disappears quickly.

Am I the only one with this frustrating issue???

• 2 weeks later...

No problem!

Calibre, it must be a glitch - I don't use voice commands though (I suppose you use them) because they are too slow for me..I just do everything with the touch.

And the new 3.5.1 update in fact makes the system slower if anyone else hasn't noticed..still waiting on a solid performance improvement. The hardware seems capable - the software isn't there yet

• 1 month later...

With 700 miles on my 2013 Edge Limited Eco boost I took an 8000 mile cross country trip from Ohio to Reno, to San Diego, up the coast to San Francisco, to Bad Lands and back to Ohio. I averaged 25 MPG. I did not like my passenger not being able to program the Navigation system while I was moving. I saw many instances of vehicles pulled over for this purpose which is extremely dangerous in heavy traffic as most vehicles slow up and the one at the end of the line must slam on their brakes as the further back the slower the vehicle............EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. I started using my Garmin more and more because of this problem. I also found there was to much lag time between pushing on the accelerator and the movement of the vehicle. This almost caused me to get hit at one point. This problem occurred also going up and down the mountains and cursing under 2000 RPMs. The ladder problem will get fixed sooner or latter or I will enact the Lemon Law. It is probably a synchronization issue between the pedal, the engine and the transmission, and after reading similar postings I doubt whether Ford service will pick up this problem.

• Like 1

The other day, coming home from Florida to Chicago my wife and I tired of our 2012 Focus SEL and in Lexington Kentucky traded it in on a new Edge Limited. The MFT on the Edge works much better than in the Focus; less command steps for some tasks and the unit in general "understands" better. The screen is also closer to the driver and easier to see and reach than with the Focus I'm quite pleased with the latest MFT.

As for the car itself, ahhh, very nice. And somewhat quicker and quiter than the 2007 Edge SEL we traded in on the Focus.

• 2 weeks later...

That is why i did not get the model with a navigation system after reading that it has a lot of issues..and so do with the satellite radio. So i bought a 7inch garmin with Lifetime Map Traffic update and a bluetooth for my phone sync and i dont have any issue with it. The 4inch local radio, the CD will do for me.. and i can even add an FM modulator for the MP3.

With 700 miles on my 2013 Edge Limited Eco boost I took an 8000 mile cross country trip from Ohio to Reno, to San Diego, up the coast to San Francisco, to Bad Lands and back to Ohio. I averaged 25 MPG. I did not like my passenger not being able to program the Navigation system while I was moving. I saw many instances of vehicles pulled over for this purpose which is extremely dangerous in heavy traffic as most vehicles slow up and the one at the end of the line must slam on their brakes as the further back the slower the vehicle............EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. I started using my Garmin more and more because of this problem. I also found there was to much lag time between pushing on the accelerator and the movement of the vehicle. This almost caused me to get hit at one point. This problem occurred also going up and down the mountains and cursing under 2000 RPMs. The ladder problem will get fixed sooner or latter or I will enact the Lemon Law. It is probably a synchronization issue between the pedal, the engine and the transmission, and after reading similar postings I doubt whether Ford service will pick up this problem.

You try using the manual or S SPORT shift and check if it still moved slower than using the automatic D Drive. I keep shifting from D and S occasionally. When im on freeway i work with the Sport.. and when im in the city or urban areas id go for D... familiarize your gear.. Got my Edge last week of June.. when same characteristic but found a solution..The SPORT S helps. And oh by the way.. try changing your TRACTION settings ON / OFF and see if theres a difference with it accelerates.. good luck!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...