MFT acting strange. Dealership says its the way it's designed

I recently went to the dealership for a scheduled maintenance but wanted them to check out some things that my MFT (no nav) in my 2012 Edge was doing.

my list of problems were:

1) Whenever I got into the car and started it up the MFT would have to re-index and create speech commands for my music. Even though I never removed my ipod from the car

2) If i sat in my car while picking up my wife from work and turned off my engine and put the car in Accessory mode and listened to any device on USB. When i started it back up MFT would revert back to the AV mode and not allow me to leave for about a minute.

3) I could not access the outside keypad function to change, erase or edit any of my key codes. It would allow me to enter the master code but would not take prompt me with a screen to enter a new one or erase the old ones I had set up. The only way I could do that is if i reset the entire system and after I changed it I was unable to access it again.

- So after the dealership took it in and initially told me my APIM probably was to blame. They said they got a message into ford saying that my MFT is in spec and that all the things listed above are normal. They stated that all MFT systems revert back to AV mode as the default when it is in accessory mode. and that a user is allowed one key turn per access to the door code. Mind you they never addressed the re-indexing.

So my query is. Does this happen to everyone or is it just me that this is happening to. I dont have another MFT to go and test this out on to see if the dealership was just dicking me around or telling the truth. But if anyone can confirm or discredit the dealership's assertions I'd be extremely grateful because this is clearly annoying the hell outta me.

I have a 2013 which I have been recording some music onto a USB flash drive. I have been going back and forth with the drive to check on the recordings as I make them, and trying some different options to get the cover art to show. I have been putting the key (keyless ignition so really just pushing the button) until I get into the ACC mode. When I do, the last source for the radio (FM, XM, USB, etc) will start playing. It never reverts to AV.

It does index and build voice commands but only for the first time the drive has been inserted with new music on it. Once it indexes and build the commands, it will not do it again until new music is added to it.

I have added a code to the keyless pad on the drivers door, and have never had a problem with it taking the new code. I have never had to re-enter the code due to it not working more than once.

I have nav, MFT, and the keyless start.

"When i started it back up MFT would revert back to the AV mode and not allow me to leave for about a minute."

WRONG That doesn't happen. Every new startup I get the home screen.

" have to re-index and create speech commands"
common error BUT WRONG! mine doesn't. Make sure in the entertainment , usb, options settings u do not have it set to reindex.

"When i started it back up MFT would revert back to the AV mode and not allow me to leave for about a minute."

WRONG That doesn't happen. Every new startup I get the home screen.

" have to re-index and create speech commands"

common error BUT WRONG! mine doesn't. Make sure in the entertainment , usb, options settings u do not have it set to reindex.

How do you know what happens with someone else's vehicle? With MFT strange things can happen even if they shouldn't happen.

akirby- maybe my post was confusing. my WRONG! is for the this is normal.

The OP stated..."They said they got a message into ford saying that my MFT is in spec and that all the things listed above are normal.

So my query is. Does this happen to everyone or is it just me"

So in reply to the BS from Ford & Dealer that those resultst are NORMAL I called BS on that!

reverting back to AV is not with in spec- that is not how it happens on my car nor should it be

re-index all the time is normal & with in spec- I call BS on that one! No it is not! But it does happen to many

Edited by drpepper

My MFT reverts back to the AV screen as mention above. it is very annoying never use to do that before. Also sometimes it says indexing with my iPod which is in the car 95% of the time. for as long as this system has been on the market, you would think all those little annoyance would have been solved by now.