PTU leak with pic on a 2012

evilkid500

Hi all,

Just crawled under the Edge for a spring oil change. First thing I noticed was the entire crossmember covered in something. Followed the trail of oil to the end of the PTU where the drive shaft comes from. You can see a few of the drips in the pic:

IMG_0246_zps0b1b366c.jpeg

This is from a 2012 with 9,885 miles on it. Seems kind of early to have an issue like this. I hope Ford has some sort of updated part.

I've looked through the forum and it seems like the original Edges had this issue. Anyone had it on a 2012? You'd think they would have fixed it by then....I guess not.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, it's February 2014 and now my rear differential is leaking like a civ, as well as something else in the front of the car (too cold to get under and do a thorough inspection). This is absolutely ridiculous. I have 16,200 miles on the car and I drive it every day (not far, but it's not like the car is sitting for months at a time). I'm pissed, and I'm usually not one to get worked up about issues that aren't going to cost me any money. Any one else having multiple leaks at such an early milage?