NEW Photos & Movie Trailer - EDGE-2 Next GEN Daytime Running Lights

OK, lets see if I can do this in less than 5 minutes:

1) My DRL turn signals work in complete unison with the stock turn sig. DRL amber LEDs go on and off at the same time as the stock turn bulb. The white LEDs turn on and off just opposite the amber LEDs (switchback)

2) My lights work on every Edge model/trim type, including the base SE (everything is included in the kit. You just supply the pair of pliers and a scredriver.). Very elegant and simple install. By the time productuion lights hit my floor, I will have made and posted a step-by-step installation video. I am also drafting a nicely detailed installation guide with lots of photos. I want to make the install as easy and as fast for everyone. Check out the video I made installing my original LED DRL version. The EDGE-2 will install very much like the old lights. LinK: http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/FAQ.php

3) Estimated arrival to my shop of the new EDGE-2s is the week of June 3rd. I ship everything via USPS Priority Mail which has a 2-3 day transit time.

• Like 1

Rest assured that all of your emails are being received. We apologize in advance for a slight delay in responses. We are working hard with manufactures to further improve the EDGE-2's lights even more from what you saw in the video. Producing this new product has allowed DayTIMEBrightLites to expand it's business. This requires new employees, setting up a new distributor, and working with component suppliers to be able to produce the best possible product for you. We know a lot of you are excited about this product and we appreciate your patience and want you to know that customer service is a top priority for us.

For the members who are previous customers that Pre-Ordered the EDGE-2s and paid shipping (the first paypal button), Dan is going through the orders received to refund your shipping cost.

The LED Puddle Light paypal button will be fixed tomorrow. For those members that tried ordering the Puddle Lights with the EDGE-2s, your orders will be matched up and you will receive the $15.00 discount.

Again, we are trying to get you an amazing product as fast as we can while doing everything right. There might be some hiccups and we will work very hard to cure them as best as we can.

• Like 1

As you may have noticed, my friend Cellbine is helping me stay on top of forum posts relating to my LED products. Cellbine was one of the first customers to buy my EDGE-1 LED Vertical Running Lights and LED Puddle Lights and he understands my products very well. Many thanks Cellbine!

As Cellbine mentioned above, be assured that I will straighten everything out on the orders that charged freight for past customers.

If anyone has specific questions concerning their individual orders, please send me an email instead of posting replies to this thread. This will keep the thread from getting bogged down with posts that most likely won't be useful to other members. Thanks, Dan.

Email: info@DAYTIMEBrightLites.com

• Like 1

Just about Tom, to wire the EDGE-2s you will need to tap into the turn signal and the headlight power wire for each light. The same snap on wire taps will be included for each wire so this can be accomplished. Other than that, the install will be the same.

$215? Per light? I just checked my quote from October paid and I paid $505 for the gen 1's... Nothin like wishing for time travel. Love my lights but now they are half as much

Something to be said for popularity! Dan was hand building and testing every pair individually. Not too mention his costs were probably higher. Mass production will always be cheaper to the end user (I imagine Dan had to commit to a certain batch size, so it costs him more upfront).

I too paid more for my 1st editions, but they've been worth it. I'm glad to see DTBL is doing as well as they are.

I got my order in for my v2's!

Hey guys. candurin is right on the money. Taking an OEM stock light and grafting in a universal LED DRL was incredibly time consuming, a lot of trial and error (scrapped lights) and a few field failures, is not the most cost effective way to provide an affordable aftermarket car light. Investing in tooling and having a contract manufacturer produce a designed-from-scratch true aftermarket mass produced light is so much more cost effective.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes for the success of my company. It means a lot to me and is icing on the cake.

Would I have to use a resistor since my turn signal bulbs are Type 1 LEDs?

Prinzll: With the EDGE-2s, the wires that are tapping into the turn signals and headlights are just to sense current. They will draw no power from these taps. The red Edge in the video actually has switchbacks installed, they just removed them for the video to showcase the EDGE-2s. The SBs on that Edge have resistors installed and they tapped into that wire. Bottom line is, they will not be pulling power from these taps so you won't need a resistor.

Will these lights meet the DOT and EU regulatory definition of "white", when used in the DRL mode? Will a set be available to work in older Edge models?

I will get with Dan on the specifics on this for you. EDGE-2s are built for 2011+ Edge models. They are custom made to form fit where the OEM vertical LEDs are.

Will these lights meet the DOT and EU regulatory definition of "white", when used in the DRL mode? Will a set be available to work in older Edge models?

I spoke with Dan on this and he is looking into the regulations.

If our Edge doesn't have its DRL's turned on will these lights more or less be on only when the accessory lights or headlights are on. I personally don't use that auto headlamp setting so I am just curious that is all.

These lights will function as DRLs and you will not need to have your Edge on accessory mode to activate them. They have a built-in controller that allows them to function as soon as the car turns on. When your headlights are off, they will be at 100% brightness and when the headlights are on they will dim to 70%. With the DRLs only dimmed to 70% when the headlights are on, it allows them to be very noticeable and adds great style to your vehicle without blinding oncoming traffic.

• Like 1

The US DOT calls white, "white" with no definition of what constitutes "white". You're good to go in the US.

Here's the light color regulations for EU (and UN): http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs/r087r2e.pdf

The color (white) requirement is on page 11, section 9.0, while the test procedure for determining the color in section 10 (pages 11-12).

Page 22 (Annex 4) details what "white" actually is.

Thanks for taking the fun out of this Feirstein :) I am so looking forward to "DTBL vs Feirstein" to be on a supreme court docket!

P.S. Cellbine, don't give Dan's name should they cuff you for rolling with "off-white" lights in Germany!!!

Edited by candurin

Fun, you want fun? I'm still making the good fight to find out why we are living in the last place on earth without the requirement that our rear signal lights be amber and not red. The latest study shows a significant reduction in rear accidents with such rear signal lamps.

But the US and Canada do have a definition of white, and many of the after market HID kits and hid style filament bulbs fall outside of the regulatory definition of white. Too blue a light color has been associated with higher levels of glare complaints. This is the basis for my question. (Yes, I used to be a regulatory attorney for the government, don't tell anyone).

Edited by Feirstein
  • Like 1