2013 Edge SEL Options questions

Hello all.

New to the fourm, and to Ford. I will be buying a 13 SEL at the end of the month. None of our local dealers have the Edge I would like in inventory. I have been emailing our local "Costco" dealer. I have a few questions about custom ordering. If I am looking for a SEL. Can I order options from other trims? Is the EcoBoost engine worth it? Does it have enough power compared to the V6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I am looking for:

SEL Appearance Package
Deep Impact Blue
Equipment Group 205A
Power liftgate
Voice-activated Navigation System
Sony Stereo *
Vision Package
Driver Entry Package*
*Limited Trim options.

I'm afraid either you or your dealer are confused. You cannot order Limited Options on an SEL. Ford doesn't make the parts (mainly wiring) that can allow that to happen. So either you are confused and your order does not actually include those items, or the dealer has told you something that isn't true, or they've actually ordered a Limited, or they're going to install some aftermarket parts to trick you into thinking you're getting what you asked for. Either way, I can guarantee that you are not going to own an SEL with a Sony stereo and push-button start. That parts/software to make that have never been designed or built.

That looks like a Canadian trim package. SEL 201A plus driver entry package plus the SEL appearance package plus vision.

I'm in Canada but checked out the US packages to see if it would be worthwhile driving south to buy. Discovered I couldn't get the SEL packages I wanted down south as I would have to have leather seats and I prefer cloth.

Maybe dealers have more leeway than we think.

In Canada thee is a 201 and 202 package, but the US has 203 and up which aren't available here.

If your lights are always on, you have a Canadian build ;-)

It's fun to go to Ford.ca and ford.com, build an SEL in both, its actually difficult to come up with exactly the same cars if you add options.

Prices are very different too.

Edited by grumzy

Thanks guys. I was lied to by the dealership. It seems that they were going to attemp to Frankenstein a limited and a SEL together. I called them out on it, I have now chosen another dealership that has a Edge in stock with everything I want. Will post when I take delivery of it at the end of the month.