2968 miles, how did the clear bra do?

So I move from east coast to west coast and figured I'd report how the clear bra did on the long drive, it was a bit longer than a straight shot as we toured a few places.

Anyway, I'd say it did an excellent job. Don't know if it was really necessary, the blue painters tape trick probably would have been just as good, although uglier. All in all the paint does look good, so I can't complain. Here's two pics of the only damage I noticed.

A small nick in the Scotch Print metallic tape that Dingo showed everyone, but that will be easy to fix.

The clear bra did rip at the very bottom of the front air dam although I don't see a lot of damage to the paint. I wonder if that will be covered by the warranty? Anyone know? I'm betting any compromise of the material is going to allow dirt to get under it and it will just get worse and maybe get bigger. Hopefully I don't have to go back to my original installer since they 1. didn't do the greatest job and 2. are many miles away now.

post-23904-0-31224400-1368813287_thumb.jpg

post-23904-0-42415100-1368813301_thumb.jpg

That's good to know! I took a trip from Ohio to Florida and back with no bra and came back with some minor dings. Somehow, my blue hides the dings, and I only was able to notice them when washing the car. I think I'm happy I decided not to get the clear bra, other than the chips in the chrome grille and some bug/road paint marks on the lower part of the bumper.

What's the "blue painters tape trick"?

btw. I hope you'll enjoy your trip to Bavaria.

Thanks, we are hoping to slip into Austria when we are down there! Hopefully this weather clears up.

Here is the blue tape trick. You just cover the front of your car in blue painters tape to protect it.

blue painters tape road trip - Google Search