TPMS Sensor Training - IA

EdgeGermany

Hello,

I need some help with the TPMS sensor training. I couple of weeks ago I put the original 22" wheels on the Edge and got the TPMS failure message. OK, I ordered the TPMS sensor tool (#8C2T-1A203-AB) and looked into my 2011 EDGE workshop manual.

issue 1:

The procedure in section 204-04-28 doesn't work for me. I can't enter the training mode. Google is always your friend and I found a other way to enter the training mode. I have to activate and deactivate the hazard lights three times to enter the training mode. But I was not able to train the first sensor. Maybe the sensor is not working.

issue 2:

I switched the front wheels to check if the TPMS sensor is defect. I entered the training mode using the hazard lights again, but I couldn't activate the fLF sensor. :-(

I double checked the the workshop manual, but I was not able to find any other way. What should I do to activate my sensors again?

Best regards,

Rene

Is the sensor in step 1 the same sensor in step 2 that will not respond? If so, it may be the battery in the sensor itself.

When I put used sensors I purchased on eBay into a different set of wheels that I put on my Edge I didn't have to do any relearn procedure. I drove about 10 miles on back roads with speeds under 40 and the light never went off. I then got on a freeway and drove 60mph and within 1 mile the light went off. Mine is a 2013 so should have the same sensors and module as your 2011. The sensors I installed had never been set for my vehicle until I drove with them installed.

Have you tried driving a few miles at highway speed?

Hello,

no sensor respons. After changing from winter wheels back to my original 22" oem wheels the LF sensor didn't respond. we drove three weeks and hounders of miles. Last week we had to change oil and also switch the LF with the RF wheel. I thought, if the LF sensor would respond after this switch, the RF sensor would be the one to check ....

Now it could be that....

...the sensors on both wheels does not work

...the tpms controller does not work

...the battery of the trigger tools is to weak (because a red light is coming up, when I push the button. in the youtube video I saw the led was green)

I will give the trigger tool a second change before checking the sensors again.

Rene

The car doesn't know where the sensors are, that's what the training does. There's no need to actually move your tires, you can just go to any one first and see if the sensor responds.

Are you pointing the sensor at the valve stem or 180 degrees away from the valve stem? For your 2011 it should be right at the valve stem. How many times are you trying? I've seen it take 5-10 tries before it picks up.

ok, I don't think that my trigger tool works. Not even one wheel respond. I found a video on youtube where someone trained the wheels of a F150 releasing air pressure. I will try this on friday.

I am wondering why I bought the 2011 workshop manual and a trigger tool ..... *grrrrr*

• 1 month later...