Who has a Galaxy S4?

Had the Iphone4 working great in my 08 Edge and just got an S4 last week. I correctly uninstalled the Iphone and easily installed the S4. Only problem is it will simply not take my phonebook at all. I tried "pushing the contacts" and doing the autodownload and it doesn't work. I also verified to make sure the contacts weren't just on the Simcard and are on the HD of the phone like a youtube video suggested. I don't know much about either yet as this is only the second time i've put a phone on the sync. I have to use forums and youtube since i don't have a manual for the system. I also did a "clean pairing" like one video suggested which only did the same thing. Have the phone but can't talk into the system to dial a number.

Thanks for the help

For the 1st generation Sync (other than 2011+ MyFord Touch), there is an application "SYNC My Phone" that can be downloaded from the SyncMyRide.com website under "SYNC Utilities". The app is for manually creating and downloading phonebook contacts to SYNC-equipped vehicles via a USB drive.

Well that didn't work. Registered there and downloaded the app onto a flash usb stick. Loaded about 20 contacts just to test it and then did the wizard to get it "prepared to install". Loaded up fine and ready. Put it in the car and it realizes there's a USB there but "no media". Please make sure files are copied to the root of the drive or that its installed correctly in the slot. This is the only thing on the drive and it was saved just as the app wanted it to be.

Also tried the "push contacts" on the phone again but "Amazon MP3 has failed" comes up every time. Even if i disable it on the phone. There is something about this that is preventing the upload of the contacts i'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All you have to do is delete the phone off your phone list on the MFT then readd it. That happened to me when I connected my S4 to MFT then after I got out of the car, I added my contacts in and it wouldn't read any of them. The iPhone5 I had automatically updated the phone book but I don't think the S4 does... So that may be your problem.

KingMike: Not necessarily the case. For example, mine is out of the car for at least 8 hrs a day or better and it has no problem syncing the phonebook. I even have my MFT set to autodownload the phonebook. Voice commands to my contacts work fine.

slideways: Do you know what version of Android you are on? You can find that out by going to System:Settings:About Phone. Mine is running 4.2.2 . Also, did you do the latest MFT/Sync Update?