New Edge - What Do I Need to do First?

samf727

Hello,

Have a lightly used 2011 Ford Edge SEL, Canada here.

No mods, still stock - kept very clean (I love cleaning vehicles!)

Any safe, good mods or upgrades I can/should do, for performance or comfort or features that is common? Thanks!

• Like 1

HIDs, LEDs, weathertech floor liners, and if you're like Cellbine, plasti dip, and lots of it. I can't blame him. It's some dope stuff. Plasti dip/wrap your grille. Tint, for sure.

Welcome to the beautiful kingdom of the Ford Edge and their intelligent, loving owners.

Edited by wannabang

I'm a little biased, but you can add more safety and style by adding LEDs to your new Edge. Super bright LED daytime running lights for on road safety and LED Puddle Lights and license plate LEDs for a much brighter approach to the vehicle at night and interior LEDs to be able to see into all of the little nooks and crannies that normally you couldn't see.

I think that, for the money and ease of installation, you can't buy a better product which adds as much safety and style. HID headlights are also an easy and affordable add on as well.

I'd have to agree with Wanna and KC. DayTimeBrightLItes (DTBL) and HIDs are must haves. DTBL will help your visibility during the day time and HIDs will greatly increase your visibility at night.

As far as HIDs, many members here including myself bought HIDs from DDM Tuning. You can buy an entire conversion kit for about $50. Easy instillation and really awesome results for the $ and time invested.

DTBLs will transform the look of your car and give you DRLs with turn signal functionality. KC mentioned all the other LED upgrades they do and they are all great purchases.

Good luck with all your upcoming Edge projects! Let us know if you have any questions! Also, a lot of us have links to the upgrades we have done to our Edge's in our signatures. Click away!

Oh, I highly recommend DTBLs. Best LED kits on the market. Most HIDs I've seen around here are DDM Tuning or Morimoto. I have Retro-Solutions, but they, for some reason, aren't on the forum anymore and a few (or more) have a big grudge against them. I haven't had problems with my kit, though.

Mine is the 35W retro-solutions' kit here. Although, I'm not sure a few of the members would like me recommending it. You can also get the 55W kit. When you decide, you'll choose the temperature, bulb type, and vehicle, and you're all set. Morimoto should be similar as I'm only slightly familiar with that website. The 3Five is a 35 watt kit, and you would probably want bixenon HIDs. Choose bulb type and harness type of your choice and you're set. I didn't consider DDM, though.

Sam,

There is a ton of info on this site and Youtube. I'll post a couple videos below, but cut to the chase and link you to this Thread all about How To's:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12565-how-tos-powertrain-electronics-body-more/

Videos below are courtesy of KC300c.

One of my favorite mods, Rear Puddle Lights:

Installing HIDs:

I'm kind of scared to order anything if it doesn't fit, and then if I break something putting it in..

DayTimeBrightLite custom lighting is designed specifically for Ford Edges and are very simple to install. You would have to not know your own strength to actually cause real damage to your car while swapping out your stock lights for DTBL lights. Steps are very simple and made for individuals who have little to no experience working with cars. Better yet, if you have any questions about their products you can email them and ask. They have amazing customer service and will help you at any stage of the instillation.

As for ordering other types of lighting, bulbs or LED, there are threads on this forum that specify which bulbs/LEDs are specific to your Edge. If you want to start mod'ing your Edge, lighting is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to start modifications.

Hope this helps put some of your fears to rest.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as HIDs, many members here including myself bought HIDs from DDM Tuning. You can buy an entire conversion kit for about $50. Easy instillation and really awesome results for the $ and time invested.

This may sound dumb but which kit did you purchase? Bulb type and all. I previously had converted my old vehicle to an hid kit and now am stuck on them. This is the first upgrade im wanting to get done but keep seeing different info about bulb type. My only other concern was the style of the head lamp. In my old truck it was different but im looking at the lamp on the edge and its got a completely different look to it, just wondering if it was as simple with the plug and play like the last time or more mods have to be done than just simply buying the hid kit and installing.

Thanks in advance

Edited by rsto