2011 Edge SEL (Non-HID) Bulbs that will fit

Hi, looking for some bulbs that will fit my 2011 Ford Edge SEL, without the HID headlamps added on.

What bulbs/mods/kits are available that are brighter than stock and safe/easy to install. Please only anything confirmed working/popular.

Thanks! Edge Rocks!

• 1 month later...

Bump..... I have the same question for my 2013 limited model. Brand new car and I really don't want to add an HID kit yet (maybe later after the newness wears off). I cannot find any 9012/HIR2 bulbs except for a few boring OEM parts. I would like to upgrade my bulbs to something brighter and whiter in the meantime, any suggestions on where I can find 9012 bulbs or will another size fit, 9005/6 etc....?

I have searched everywhere amazon, eBay, Pepboys, autozone and every well known manufacturer etc....nada!

Help!

Your definitely going to want to add HIDs though. Even if you went with nighthawks or silverstars (arguably the brightest aftermarket halogens), the light output won't be that much better than stock.

My opinion is that you can take the $30 you'd spend on decent halogens and apply it to a good HID kit. Still plug and play and significant light output increase.

I have had our DDM 9006 set in for almost a week now and couldn't be happier. I went with the 35W 5k. I did have to buy anti flicker capacitors after the fact but all is well now. It took a few times getting the bulb in the housing properly so that there wasn't a shadow.

• 4 weeks later...

I am seeing you guys having too much trouble with these HID kits. I installed some $39 9005 Silverstar zXe bulbs and couldn't be happier! The whitis/blueish color matches the vertical lights and output is phenomal.

I put it next to an Edge with stock HIDs and could hardly tell the difference at night...

Hi There, You mentioned that you installed some 9005 versions of these bulbs. I purchased a set myself but I noticed that in the socket of these bulbs are two plastic "key" like slots. Do you files these down to fit the headlights wiring plug? Didn't want to force these bulbs in if they don't fit the "key". The factory plugs have one plastic slot in the plug. Any suggestions?

Dd.