Since it's too hot and rainy for detailing......

Time for me to start planning the following:

a) Refresh my AZ stockpile. I am currently out of P21S wax and need to buy some new wax, polish, and a few other items

B) Plan how to get my IL stockpile down here. This includes my other rotary and my second RO.

c) Plan of attack to detail the 2011. I definitely want to do this after "monsoon season" and it cools down.

Not the UK version... I live in the south.

The look is hard to explain. There's an added color depth. On a sunny day, you can see everything from gold to red to blue hues in the curves of the metal. It's Einszett Polish Wax, then Einszett Glans Wax, then Meguiar's 26.

It's an overcast day here, and I haven't waxed it in a month, but maybe these pics will help...

DSC_9019_zps72b2be2f.jpg

DSC_9020_zps6cd91cc5.jpg

DSC_9017_zpsf1e595e9.jpg

DSC_9022_zpsceae5f7f.jpg

DSC_9012_zps758176b0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Interior of the vehicle? For smaller jobs, a good starter is the one you can find at Harbor Freight http://www.harborfreight.com/steam-cleaner-kit-8823.html. Watch for the initial spurt of water while it's warming up.

If you want heavy duty steamers, you can pick something like this http://www.daimer.com/steam-cleaners/kleenjet-200s.htm. Here you will get "dry" steam, i.e., high quality steam.

Use a rag wrapped around the end of the steamer hose to capture any moisture.

• Like 1

Found a review for you: http://www.planet-9.com/porsche-care-detailing/55730-aztec-hot-rod-hot-water-carpet-extractor-how-review.html This is crossposted on multiple forums.

I think if you get a good quality steamer in that price range, you will be better off. Less mess, quicker drying time, etc. Definitely at least PM richy to get his thoughts on this.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

• 10 months later...

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. Let me give you a quick update.

a) Decided to go with Pinnacle XMT 180 instead of P21S. I know P21S doesn't have as deep of a shine versus many of the Pinnacle products.

B) Got my 303 protectant for the interior

c) Ordered a Schmitt for cleaning the vinyl and leather seats

• Like 1

For grins, I tested the XMT 180 on my die-cast model of a 1965 GTO. The first thing I noticed about this wax was the scent. It reminded me of Grape Kool-Aid. Scent notwithstanding, this is one of the easiest to apply waxes. In fact, it is as easy as Souveran but almost 70 bucks cheaper. As for the gloss, well.....see for yourself......

Waxed Die-Cast Model

• Like 1