Keyless Entry Keypad-Ford Edge SE-2013

Hey guys, i have edge -2013 SE model and recently purchased this Keyless Entry Keypad, I have tried a lot but unable to program it.

I am following the steps as mentioned in the installation manual.

1. Unlock car through Keyfob / Button on the door.

2. Put the key in the ignition and cycle it from OFF to Run position (8times within 10s) last turn will end at Run. locks will lock and unlock stating that vehicle is in programming mode.

3. within 20s of 2nd setp press any button on keyfob-1 ------------------ when i press the button, horn will honk 1 time.

4. within 20s of 3rd step press any button on keyfob-2 ------------------ when i press the button, horn will honk 1 time.

5. within 20s of 4th step press 7/8 & 9/0 button simultaneously ------- when i press the buttons nothing happens.

need expert advice on it

sk-7l2j-19g544-ab--all.pdf

post-26459-0-85149600-1375557655_thumb.jpg

I think I replied about the installation of the key pad on another post you asked a similar question in? If not, I posted a link to the F150 forum where there was a big discussion about how to add the key pad, including what had to be changed in the SJB/BCM. Read the F150 post and see if that helps you. The first couple of replies on that post were corrected because of an error for how to rewrite the code.

Perhaps this will help you on the Edge install.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/factory-keypad-installed-working-167724/

I think I replied about the installation of the key pad on another post you asked a similar question in? If not, I posted a link to the F150 forum where there was a big discussion about how to add the key pad, including what had to be changed in the SJB/BCM. Read the F150 post and see if that helps you. The first couple of replies on that post were corrected because of an error for how to rewrite the code.

Perhaps this will help you on the Edge install.

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/factory-keypad-installed-working-167724/

This one is related to adding on Wired Keypad, I am going to install a wireless Keypad..

Yesterday i have noticed another thing that i have tried to program a new Integrated Key Transmitter (IKT-comes with the Remote Start Kit) in the same way mentioned above but it also fail.

Although i have Enabled the Owner Key Programming feature thriugh IDS.

Any ideas folks??

I really need help on it

if u have access to an IDS go into security , pats programming (which takes 10 minutes) remove all keys and start from scratch. it will tell you u need 2 keys at this time . there is a maximum of 4 keys.

Gary, i got ur point and fully understand how to program a new IKT or PATS key through IDS.

My main concern is to program the Ford wireless entry keypad, which is a genuine ford accessory and ford says that it si compatible with Ford Edge 2013 Non PEPS vehicles .

PATS programming and remote keyless entry programming are 2 different things.

Agreed. The programming method provided along with the keypad is not working. Although

ford website says that it is compatible with ford 2013 non peps models.

I have also checked with the local dealer here in Saudi Arabia but they even don't know it.

try this sitting in car hold door unlock switch during entire procedure. turn key on and off ( 4,6,or 8 times) when the door locks and unlocks you are in programming.press lock on the 1st key,press lock on the 2nd key press the last 2 buttons on the key pad ( 7/8 & 9/0 ) now you can let go of the unlock button on the door and turn the key off. hope this helps.

try this sitting in car hold door unlock switch during entire procedure. turn key on and off ( 4,6,or 8 times) when the door locks and unlocks you are in programming.press lock on the 1st key,press lock on the 2nd key press the last 2 buttons on the key pad ( 7/8 & 9/0 ) now you can let go of the unlock button on the door and turn the key off. hope this helps.

:cry:

Tried, its not working

• 2 weeks later...

you say it goes into programming mode but you cannot code anything else to the car? how was the remote start keys programmed? did you use the IDS and remove all so that when you try to open the doors remotely they do not respond? do this and program the keypad first and your remote start keys next. let us know what happens.

Gary, i didnt program any new keys for remote start, just installed the kit and use the old keys (IKT) come with the vehicle at the time of purchase. These keys already have the remote start button.
I have checked IDS there is no option to program the wireless keypad or any keypad.

Edited by sajid.ali

Got Official reply from Ford this morning as below:

UnQuote

This accessory is designed to operate at 315MHz door lock frequency.

This vehicle uses 433MHz door lock frequency.

This accessory is not available for 433MHz door lock frequency.

I donot understand why FORD has mentioned on their website that this accessory is compatible with Ford edge upto 2014 models.

post-26459-0-94931600-1377497789_thumb.jpg

post-26459-0-33633700-1377497797_thumb.jpg